Landscaping is a task which combines art with science. A landscape professional with the knowledge in horticulture and awareness with the elements and principles of landscape designs.
The landscape designers, architect or contractor will guide you in the construction phase and design process.
According to your need, they will create a plan for your backyard and will also provide with solutions to normal landscape problems like sun, wind, slopes or lack of space etc.
Benefits of Landscaping and Reasons:
There are numerous environmental, economic, and health benefits of landscaping. With the help of some simple attainable projects, you can make a messy, cluttered landscape into a gorgeous area. It also helps in improving the atmosphere around you and provide with a fresh environment.
- Decorative plants fight with climate changing. They help to absorb carbon from the air.
- A tree reduces the greenhouse effect by reducing energy usage, shading buildings etc.
- Shrubs and trees reduce air pollutants which include sulfur dioxide, lead, ozone, nitrogen dioxide etc.
- A well-maintained landscape helps to filter dust and other pollutants out from rainwater.
- Shrubs and trees in the garden help to purify toxic soils.
- Well maintained and designed home landscaping reduces sediment losses, erosion etc.
Economic Benefits of Landscaping:
- A house with trees is more attractive and up to 20 percent saleable.
- Well-Planned landscaping reduces heating costs by 2 to 8 percent and air conditioning cost by 15 to 50 percent.
- Foundation planting of evergreen shrubs acts as an insulating blanket around your home, which helps in reducing the heating costs.
- A 25-foot tree can reduce the heating and cooling costs by up to 10 percent.
- Passive solar heating with the help of deciduous shade trees reduces heating bills by 15 percent approximately.
- Home landscapes also help in boosting the value of your property.
- Gardening can help reducing childhood obesity and diabetes.
- Gardening helps improving neighborhood welfare and community connection.
- Gardening helps in reducing stress and depression.
- It is a great source for reducing blood pressure, exercise, maintaining bone density etc.
- It also helps to reduce dementia symptoms.
- It boosts self-esteem and mood.
Different Types of Landscaping:
The best landscape design is those which are made in a planned way. Before making any plan you must choose the best suitable design that fits well with your home and lifestyle. You should always try to design landscapes with things that are available with you. There are certain things one should consider before choosing a garden style or landscape.
- The condition of your yard.
- Type of activities you would like to carry out in your yard.
- The people who will be using the yard are their children or pets.
- What type of landscape do you prefer low maintenance one or a lot of time spending one?
- Which style of landscape matches the best with your home?
You can model your own garden styles by including elements from different styles to create an innovative design.
- English Landscape: In this type of garden perennials and shrubs are used to balance the architectural style of your home.
- Oriental Garden Style: Here rocks, water, and evergreens are used with a range of plants to bring uniqueness to your garden.
- Formal Landscape: This type of landscaping follows straight lines, symmetrical patterns and exact geometric shapes with well-trimmed plants.
- Informal Landscape: Here plant beds are used with curved boundaries. The plants are arranged in a haphazard manner.
- Butterfly Garden: A lot of butterflies or birds in your area adds beauty to your garden. Certain plant species attract these small friends.
If you are happy with your landscape design, you will obviously spend a lot of time in your yard. Having a yard is like gaining a room in your home.
You May Also Read: 5 Savvy And Low-Cost Ways To Light Your Landscape