What a single-stage snowblower fails to do, a double-stage snowblower slays in one word. In a world where snowfall is a regular blessing for the mountain, it becomes a curse for city life.
In these circumstances, snowblowers are a great help to clear the driveways, sidewalks, drives, pavements. Also, only the two-stage snowblowers can tackle heavy snowfall and suck up the snow evenly from the driveways and pavements.
For typical snowfall, which causes layered snow beyond 8 inches in height, and if the driveways are shaggier and wide enough, the two-stage snow blower is the perfect kit to clear up your roads.
However, we have come up with a bunch of information about the best 2 stage snow blower for gravel driveway and their reviews so that you can choose one thoughtfully and wisely from them.
Table of Contents
- In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top 3 Picks:
- Top 5 Best 2 Stage Snow Blower for Gravel Driveway 2021 – Reviews
- #1. Husqvarna ST224p – Best Overall
- #2. YARDMAX YB5765
- #3. Troy-Bilt Storm 2625
- #4. Snow Joe iON8024-XR
- #5. Poulan Pro PR241
- How to Choose a 2 Stage Snow Blower?
- Final Verdict
In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top 3 Picks:Invalid table id.
Top 5 Best 2 Stage Snow Blower for Gravel Driveway 2021 – Reviews
You should know what you are buying with your hard-earned money. Especially, a snowblower demands lofty money, and that’s why choosing a perfect one would be a great investment of money.
An ideal snowblower has some definite features that help it to perform for a longer period of time. A two-staged snowblower is a good investment of money because they have some capabilities to please you.
That’s why we’re going to represent some best two-stage snowblowers after a hefty sum of research. But, before that, this concise table would make you understand the value of the products in a possible short time.
#1. Husqvarna ST224p – Best Overall
- 208cc Husqvarna engine
- Remote Chute Deflector/Remote Chute Rotator
- 3 Year Limited Warranty and 5 Year Engine Warranty
This Husqvarna ST224p gas snow blower has an extreme sense of providing the best service without making any fuss and trouble.
Husqvarna ST224p two-stage snowblower is one of those kinds that believe in providing silent but for the best performance.
It can withstand the hard and rough snow and make it throw through the impeller to the right distance.
The cleared track drive system is efficient enough to conduct the tow-stage snowblower on the slippery surface with extra effort and clears the driveways smoothly.
The kit provides convenient trigger control to propulsion each wheel to the right track. The two-stage gas snowblower offers an easy start so that no time gets wasted in operating the kit.
It requires a power outlet to be connected to get started. Just a push on the button and your snowblower is all set to clear the driveways and pavements with ease.
Including the slushy and wet snow, this snowblower can blow all the snow before your eyes within less time. Also, the 7-speed drive system and heat-prone handlebar enhance the power big time.
Also, the kit comes with headlights for a definite purpose, and a remote chute and deflector help in tough cases as well.
Overall, the two-stage snowblower of Husqvarna ST224P has some mind-blowing outlets that uphold its implications in a great way. As gas snow blowers have a different level of demand in the market, the value of this kit is also significant.
- Stable and outstanding service
- Augers can cut 24-inches wide snow
- Easy reach levers and control panels
- Easy controllable chute and deflector
- Headlights offer working in the nighttime as well
- Offers warranty for many parts and many years
- Comes with a 7-system drive system
- No noise and fuss
- Easy electric start
- Impeller creates some problem by denting
#2. YARDMAX YB5765
- Easy to start engine – YARDMAX 6.5 HP 196cc recoil start.
- Multiple speeds offered by self-propelled drive – 5 forward and 2 reverse.
- Easily slice through hard-packed snow and ice with the serrated steel augers.
This friendly designed YARDMAX YB5765 two-stage snowblower is efficient to fulfill the expectations of its owners.
With the ax-shaped augers, the snowblower can cut and smash the hard ice and snow from the driveways with ease and total comfort.
With maximum throwing distance, the snowblower provides a chute that can discharge the snow in directed ways.
The tracker can operate the two wheels balancing the impeller to a great extent—the performance of the kit increases by the aluminum gear case and alloy steel gears.
The self-propelled kit has the maximum capability of enhancing the performance of the two-stage snowblower. The high endurance technology-based design has made the snowblower efficient for clearing the wide and hilly driveways.
Also, the maximum effort of this kit has been sucked from the easy-reach control panel. The plastic kid shoes and drift cutters bolster the performance of the snowblower to a great extent. With easy assembly and minimal blowback, the snowblower hits the market.
Overall, the YARDMAX manufacturer provides YB5765 two-stage snowblower with optimum horsepower and a standard engine for an easy start-up and operating system. The snowblower is mostly at its best to provide high service when it is self-propelled.
- Can clear up to 22 width driveways
- Durable and compact
- Adjustable chute throws snow to the maximum distance
- Easy assembling
- Axe-shaped auger for better cutting formula
- A 2-wheel operating system for high performance
- Heated grip for harshest weather
- Can clear the driveways within the least time
- East start-up point
- The adjustment bolt isn’t at the reach point
#3. Troy-Bilt Storm 2625
- Powered by a dependable 243cc 4-Cycle Electric Start OHV gas engine with 6 forward and 2 reverse speeds for optimal control while operating
- Clears snowy walkways up to 26 inches wide and 21 inches deep in one pass and equipped with deluxe reversible skid shoes for more control
- Equipped with an extended 2-way manual discharge chute that propels snow farther away from you before the wind can catch it
Among the gas snowblower, Troy-Bilt Storm 2625 243cc electric start two-stage snow thrower has another level value in the market. Because of its ultra-compact size, the maneuverability of the snowblower is easy and controllable.
Generally, gas snow blowers are quiet and don’t create any extra smoke or fumes to pollute the air. This snowblower is no different from that. The sharp auger smashes the hard and layered snow from the deep level, and the adjustable chute is determined to throw the snow at an optimum distance.
The reliable gas engines keep the users away from the trouble of extended and tangled cords. Also, the self-propelled feature convenience the whole procedure to be done with minimal pressure.
The airless tires are capable of gliding through the slippery surface and clear out the snow from the driveways.
Also, the handlebar provides all kinds of comfort. As it is prone to get hot while operating, the palms of the users remain hot, tackling the roughest cold weather.
Troy-Bilt produces the best kind of snowblowers, and this two-stage snowblower slays because of its mind-blowing performance.
In fine, the construction of Troy-Bilt storm 2625 243cc electric start two-stage snowblower is so great that the operating system evokes the greatness by just one passage.
Also, the compact size has brought great maneuverability and an excess sense of providing high performance.
- The compact and easy operating process
- One-hand operation system
- Comes with a deep orange sophisticated color
- Tires have got easy traction power
- Sharp auger cuts up to 26 inches wide, and 21 inches intake deep snow
- Handlebar is easy-gripped
- Creates no fussy noise
- Easy cordless system
- Provides long term service
- May cause trouble to start
- Small tank size
#4. Snow Joe iON8024-XR
- Self-propelled: rechargeable two-stage snow blower
- Illuminated display: LEDs indicate direction, speed selection, battery power levels
- 4-Speed: digital drive system (3-speed XPORT for rapid return at the end of a snow-clearing run)
The implication of the Snow Joe manufactured snowblowers is significant that you’ll understand it by using the series of Snow Joe iONM8024-XR 80-volt two-stage snowblower. It comes with the benefit of rechargeable batteries.
The whole kit provides 4-speed digital drive system to make your work really quick. The heavy-duty augers are all ready to chop off the snow and hard ice within a second. With a digital display and 80-volts of power, the snowblower is a silent therapist to the snow.
To tackle the worst snowy weather, the manufacturer has provided a powerful brushless motor and to keep the snow blower safe from dust, and it also offers a nice cover. The unmatched performance of the snowblower is determined by its high-tech made tools.
The illuminated battery helps to illuminate in the dark, and an integrated ergonomic handlebar helps to resist fatigue to have happened. The machine offers a scraped bar and some powerful headlamps as well. The cordless feature makes it more convenient.
As the Snow Joe brand has a superb market value, the invention of the snow joe ion8024-XR iONMAX cordless two-stage snow blower is a great help to the market. Besides, the double-port charging system made the kit so strong that it can work at a stretch and doesn’t get tired for 30 long minutes.
- The facility of recharging the batteries
- Nonstop 30 minutes of great service
- Auger cleans up to 24 inches wide, and 13 inches intake deep snow
- Can move 1000Ibs of snow per minute
- The chute can throw the piled snow 32 feet away from the location
- The scrape bar cleans the decks and pavements without injuring them
- LED indicators for night jobs
- Optimum battery power levels
- Offers several warranties
- No trouble of extended cord
- Provides no heated grips
- Battery and charges are to be purchased separately
#5. Poulan Pro PR241
- 208cc Poulan PRO engine
- Remote Chute Deflector/Remote Chute Rotator
- 2 Year Limited Warranty and 4 Year Engine Warranty
The powerful and strong engine of the Poulan pro PR241 208cc two-stage snowblower makes the work of cleaning the snow more effective and quicker. The convenient body parts are designed to withstand the harshest snowy weather.
The augers are made with solid material, and these cuts and smash the icy snow with less effort and allow the impeller to take it to the chute. The chute plays another appeasing action to keep the driveways smooth.
The remote chute and deflector together help the user to balance the perfect height and directs the snow where the user wants. The snowblower is perfect for places like gravel areas, sidewalks, narrow paths, and pavements.
The comfortable handles ease the pressure of the wrist and keep your hands away from fatigue and inflammation. Also, the self-propelled version helps to a great extent to have a job done effortlessly.
Though the Poulan Pro PR241 two-stage snowblower lacks to become the best one, the skill has enough efficiency to lead the market. This version of Poulan pro requires the maximum powerful tools and high performance.
- Powerful and strong engine
- Sharp auger cuts up to 24 inches wide and 23-inches intake height
- Chute throws the snow in a directed way
- Deflector helps in balancing snow-height
- Handles can be grabbed easily
- Several speed settings for quick work
- Easy instructions for assembling
- Clears 3+ car driveways at a time
- Affordable and offers two years or four years of warranty
- Offers no headlights for night time jobs
How to Choose a 2 Stage Snow Blower?
While investing a hefty sum of money on something like a snowblower, some definite features should be checked wisely so that the users can get a long-term service.
There are different types of snowblowers, including gas snow blowers, rechargeable snowblowers, electric start snowblowers, and so on.
Now, it depends on the consumer how he wants to be treated by his snowblower. Checking on the following aspects before buying one would help one to get high performance and super advantages.
Size and Weight
A two-stage snow blower is always considered heavy. But you’ve to check if the snowblower is maneuverable enough. A two-stage snowblower provides the best kind of service with its high-tech made tools and parts.
In this case, the weight won’t matter much if the kit can provide a thorough passage without troubling the users much. Also, size does matter if you don’t have enough storage capacity.
Compact but powerful snowblowers are recommended largely. Besides, large snowblowers are as fast and productive as compact-sized snowblowers. But the ideal size of a snowblower is 18-22 inches wide.
Large tires are important because they embody the engine and work for better steering. The benefits of large tires are effective because they can hold the inner heaviness and glide through the surface properly.
Also, in harsh snowy weather, large tires can glide through the wet and slushy driveways. The slippery roads are hard to be handled. But the large tires can handle the trouble and carry it away nicely. Large tires are also good in traction and quick at clearing snow.
Headlights make a snowblower more valuable as it let you work in the darkness. If you are a nighttime worker, you need a snowblower that has 3/4W LED headlights. Headlamps on the surface of the auger make the work easier.
Besides, a headlight in the front provides a great service early in the morning and in the evening time. Some two-stage snowblowers offer dual headlights for better visibility.
If you stay in a place where sunlight is an uncommon blessing, you should go with the dual headlights provider snowblowers.
Corded or Cordless Snowblower
Snowblowers come in two different types. One is corded, and the other is cordless. However, it depends on the consumer how they want their snowblower to get treated.
A corded snow blower comes with an extended and flexible cord that needs to be connected with a power circuit. The only problem with a corded snowblower is that the cord gets tangled and causes trouble sometimes.
On the other hand, the cordless snowblowers provide less trouble and fuss as they don’t have a cord. Also, you can conduct your cordless snowblower anywhere away from electricity. Just one push to the power button and your cordless snowblower can clear the driveways easily.
Handles are other significant things to be checked on. As the weather remains cold, a heat-treated handle always brings comfort to the hand palms.
The handlebars are made in a way that if you put your palm on the bars, the bars get heated and keep your palm away from being frizzed.
Again, some handles are ergonomic material-based. They also provide comfort and easement. The ergonomic heated handles are the best feature of a snowblower. So, check it out before buying one.
Other Things to Consider
There are plenty of important things to weigh before investing money in a snowblower. As a snowblower requires a great deal of money, you need to keep certain things in your mind so that your money doesn’t go wasted anyway.
- Range of the snowfall– The range of the snowfall matters as it helps you to decide if you need a single-stage snowblower or a two-stage snowblower. For heavy snowfall, the double-stage snowblower is essential. But for the lighter snowfall, go for the single-stage snowblower.
- Budget- As snowblowers come in different price ranges, you have to decide by yourself which one you can afford. Always remember that there are always the best options for snowblowers with a little price range. You just have to choose it wisely.
- Size and ground material of your driveways- For the average length, a two-stage snow blower is a very good choice. They can clean up to 3+ cars wide at a time. Also, the two-stage snowblower works better on gravel or concrete grounds.
You might have some reasonable questions in your mind regarding the two-stage snowblower. Well, it is so basic to have those questions. So, we have these FAQs for better understanding and convenience.
#Q1 What is the procedure of a two-stage snow blower?
The procedure of a two-stage snow blower is easy as it has an extra tool called an impeller to make the snow clearing work easier. However, the auger of the kit helps to smash or chunk the hard snow and throws it to the high-speed impeller.
The impeller then throws the chunked snow to the mounted chute. The chute can be moved to different degrees. Just direct it to a convenient distance and two the several snow feet away from your location.
#Q2 Is a two-stage snow blower worth a shot?
A two-stage snow blower has more working capacity than a single-stage snowblower. For heavy and harsh snowy weather, a two-stage snowblower easily tackles the troubles.
Especially, the tools of a two-stage snowblower are more capable than anything.
Considering all these and if you live in a dark snowy city, then buying a two-stage snowblower would be a good shot.
#Q3 Can a two-stage snowblower beat a single-stage snowblower?
Well, of course! A two-stage snowblower is featured in a way that the different parts of it are busy in different separate works. Each part has got its job to be done. On the other hand, a single-stage snowblower is featured in a way that each part of this kit has to do several works at a time.
That’s why a single-stage snowblower is not that much competitive and arguable as a two-stage snowblower. So, it’s easy for the two-stage snowblower to tackle a single-stage snowblower easily.
In fine, the capability of a two-stage snow blower is much more resilient than any other snowblower. Buying a two-stage snowblower will bring some benefits, which will have a great effect for a long time.
However, after all these reviewing parts, we are at the conclusion that EGO Power+ SNT2405 self-propelled 2-stage snow blower has all the best features, and it functions like a savvy.
So, if you want to have the best one, you can go with a two-stage snowblower. Also, you can check out our other best 2 stage snow blower for gravel driveway collection and make a better decision.