Looking for a pole saw for long tree pruning and taking plant cutting regularly? We’re dedicated to writing the best battery operated pole saw reviews to help you out to know more about the usage of pole saw. Having a perfectly trimmed lawn leading up to your front door makes the first impression on the people who visit your home.
Your well-maintained lawn will express your taste and personality and also upgrade the architectural style of your home. Although maintaining a flawless lawn takes a lot of work. It takes mowing, pruning, fertilizing, aerating and watering.
It is an enjoyable way to spend time in your garden if you have the right tools like pole saw to do the job. Today we will discuss the best battery operated pole saw to help you maintain a beautiful garden.
Top 3 Picks of Best Battery Operated Pole Saw
Best Battery Operated Pole Saw Reviews
GreenWorks 20672 G-MAX
- G-MAX 40V Li-Ion Battery System powers multiple tools for complete yard system-includes 2Ah Battery and Charger
- 8-Inch bar and chain for easy trimming of branches. Product weight: 8.360 pounds
- Easy adjust chain tensioning system for quick tightening of the chain
- Automatic oiler applies oil to bar and chain when needed to ensure durability and optimal use with a translucent oil tank for clear view of oil level
- 3-piece aluminum shaft can be extended to 8 ft. for the perfect extended
Thanks to the GreenWorks 20672 G-MAX 40V 8-Inch cordless pole saw, which makes trimming much easier. You can reach those hard-to-reach limbs and cut them easily with the simple push-button electric start, adjustable shaft, tool-free chain tensioning and durable 8-inch bar and chain.
This pole saw is an excellent trimmer and you can do your regular trimming chores easily without having to deal with hazardous fumes. This Pole Saw offers very solid performance with no routine maintenance, and mainly a good choice for casual users who use saw a couple of times a month.
With its powerful 40V G-MAX battery you can use it for hours, depending on the intensity of the works involved, on a single charge. The pole saw also features a 3-piece pole that extends up to 8 feet making it a perfect pole to tackle almost any size of the project.
This particular model of GreenWorks comes equipped with a number of helpful features that make it stand out in a market filled with competitors. With an automatic oiling and chain tensioning system, the performance of this pole saw what you are looking for.
This is surely a great product with no major flaws and it is competing outside its league. Overall, you will not regret paying a little more for a product like this.
Sun Joe SWJ800E
- EXTENDS REACH: Ideal for cutting overhanging limbs and thin logs
- TELESCOPING: Pole extends to 8.7 ft. to provide 15 ft. of overhead reach. No Load Speed (rpm) 6000. Sound Power Level : 108 dB
- POWERFUL: 6.5-amp motor cuts branches up to 7.5-inches thick
- AUTO-LUBRICATION: 8-inch cutting bar and chain with automatic lubrication. Oil tank capacity (fluid ounce): 2.7
- WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED!: Your new pole chainsaw is backed by the Snow Joe + Sun Joe Customer Promise. We will warrant new, powered products for two years from the date of purchase. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Contact Snow Joe + Sun Joe customer support at 1-866-766-9563 for further assistance.
The Sun Joe SWJ800E pole chainsaw is a perfect saw to enjoy a well-manicured yard. This outdoor tool comes from the house of the famous manufacturer Sun Joe. This time they came with an incredibly solid chainsaw that takes the danger and difficulty out of trimming your overgrown trees.
Weighing only 8 pounds it is one of the lightest electric pole chainsaws around. The saw is portable and designed for optimal comfort. Making it much easier to handle than many other saws in the market.
The saw is designed for optimal comfort and is less tiring to handle. The saw stands safely on solid ground, and like any quality, chainsaw it also has an adjustable telescoping pole that extends up to 15 feet of overhead reach.
You can power up this electric pole with the push of a button without dealing with smoke, fumes or costly tune-ups. Plus the built-in safety switch prevents accidental starting. Overall, this electric pole saw from Sun Joe is a very compelling product. Once you buy it, this is surely going to be the most used garden trimming tool from your collection.
- Provides up to 100 cuts of 1 1/2 inches pine branches per charge
- 8" cutting bar & chain allows for a maximum cutting diameter of 6"
- Includes 1 high capacity 20V LI ion pack, charger, oil bottle & wrench
- Power Source : battery powered
This Best cordless pole saw from Black+Decker is study and will definitely serve you for a long time. Battery cordless pole saws are considered the least powerful of all pole saws. But the 20-volt Black+Decker LPP 120 cordless pole saw has more cutting power than many other saws that are available in the market.
With some real extension capabilities and lightweight, the pole is fully portable. With an 8 inch bar and chain, you will be able to achieve the maximum reach of up to 14 feet. This saw can be extended up to 10 feet which are the highest extension you can get from any cordless pole saw. The pole saw is incredibly easy to use, with low noise and lower vibration this saw is a dream to use.
The popular cordless saw is very easy to disassemble and clean after the cutting which requires virtually no other maintenance. If gardening is your part-time hobby and if you are looking for a saw that is light and extremely easy to operate, then you will be really satisfied with LPP120.
Sun Joe SWJ802E
- Ideal for cutting overhanging limbs and thin logs
- Telescoping pole extends to 9.4 ft providing up to 15 ft of overhead reach
- Multi-position head cuts at 0, 15 and 30 angles. 8 inch Oregon cutting bar and chain with automatic lubrication
- Powerful 6.5-amp motor cuts branches up to 7.5-Inch thick. Oil Tank Capacity: 2 fluid Ounces
- CSA approved; Full 2-year warranty. Blade Length inches : 8.No Load Speed (rpm):6000
- 10-inch Oregon cutting bar and chain with automatic lubrication
Snow Joe is one of the most known gardening suppliers out there who always knows what to bring to the table. The electric chainsaw SWJ802E is an incredibly strong saw that is capable of standing toe-to-toe with any other entry on the list that we have here.
This easy to handle chainsaw is only 7.9 pounds, with which you can safely stand on the ground. Extend the telescoping pole up to 15 feet to reach overhanging limbs. Powered by a 6.5 amp motor that can cut limbs up to 7.5 inches thick.
This Pole Saw/chainsaw is very well made, featuring cord restraint hook that prevents dragging and potential injuries. The oil cap of this saw is very well positioned, and the collar makes adjusting the pole’s length very easy. The unique feature of this pole saw is the multi-positioned adjustable head.
The head can be adjusted to cut at 0, 15 or 30 angles. The variety allows one to cut difficult branches from the angle that may suit you better. The pole saw is powered electrically and powers up with a push of a button. The chainsaw is equipped with a built-in safety switch to prevent accidental starting.
Gardeners who are looking for a pole saw which is extremely easy to use should aim for the SWJ802E electric chainsaw. A very affordable and well-rounded product that is quality build, affordable in price, lightweight and adjustable head making it the perfect saw for you.
- 2-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Logs on the ground? Simply detach the saw from the pole to convert the unit from a pole saw into a chainsaw. No tools required!
- LONG REACH: Designed with a shaft extendable up to 10-feet for high branches. With operator height considered, the pole saw can cut limbs 10-feet to 15-feet overhead.
- ELECTRIC POWERED: An 8-amp electric motor instantly starts to drive the chain over the low-kickback 10-inch bar and chain.
- ADJUSTABLE: A telescoping design paired with flip and lock clamps allow the operator to quickly adjust the length of the pole saw so that trimming trees of varying heights isn’t a hassle.
- PRUNE IN COMFORT: Chainsaw has non-slip grip to enhance comfort and an Anti-rotation pole for stability during use.
- NOTE: Bar and chain oil may seep from unit when not in use. Remember to loosen the saw chain with the tool-free tensioner if it was adjusted during operation.
The Remington RM1025P is an electric pole chainsaw with a tool-less quick-change role that allows you to change back and forth from pole saw to chain saw. This electric chainsaw/pole saw combo is a very well-made and powerful saw that can serve the regular maintenance of the medium-sized garden.
Featuring 8-amp motors and oversized 10-inch bar and chain, the saw can cut up to tree limbs which are 9 inches in diameter. This Pole Saw is one of the most popular pole saws available in the market with a combination of power and ease of use.
The most versatile feature of this saw is you can attach and detach the saw whenever you want. So you can use this saw as a lopping, pruning machine with the chainsaw and also slice branches to the perfect size by quickly disconnecting it from the chainsaw.
Now you can cut through overhead branches with less kickback easily with this combo saw. If you are looking for a product that has multiple uses, you have just got the right saw. This versatile tool is capable of successfully tackling more than one duty, giving you the comfort and pleasure to use.
Poulan Pro 967044201
- Featuring an 8 in. Bar and Chain that has a self tension mechanism which adjusts the tension in the cutting chain so that it neither binds on nor comes loose from the guide bar
- Extends up to 8 ft. giving you the extra reach without having to use a ladder
- Automatic Oiler keeps your chain lubricated at all times. Easily monitor the oil level with the Oiler Level Indicator window
- Front Adjust chain Tensioning system for quick tightening of the chain
- Instant start allows you to fire up the pole saw by simply pressing a button
With string motor and lithium-ion battery, Poulan Pro 967044201 is a high-quality power tool for your garden. The pole saw has an 8-inch cutting bar that delivers superior cutting performance. The motor of the pole saw is strong and gives you the power you need for all your cutting, pruning and trimming needs.
The saw is easy to start with just a touch of a button, and there is an over-mold grip handle that provides comfort and overall operator control. There is also a front-adjust chain tensioning system for which the chain does not come loose while you are cutting. The automatic oiler helps the saw to run smoothly, and the oil level indicator shows you when the oil needs to be refilled.
Overall this is an excellent trimmer for residential use. Although not at all ideal for heavy-duty cutting. The pole saw is ergonomically designed for maximum comfort, weight, and performance. If you are a passionate gardener, this pole is the right pick for you as you can enjoy it for many years.
- Patented auto tension chain system for extended bar & chain life
- Powerful 8 Amp Motor offers a consistent Performance; Oil Tank Capacity 120 milliliter
- Rotatable working handle for sasy pruning; Chain links: 40
- 8 foot extension pole with tool less installation
- Compact and light weight design ; Rated Voltage: 120V to 60Hz; Chain speed:8.5 meter per second
When you need to cut high branches and the small tree. This 8-amp corded unique and multifunctional electric pole saw offer consistent performance and power. You can reach higher limbs by attaching the 8-foot extension pole without using any ladder.
You can also detach the pole to further chop up the fallen limbs. The pole attached to no tool for which the transition of it from a chainsaw to pole saw is quick and convenient. The patented auto-tension system extends the life of the bar and chain without much maintenance.
In addition, the WORX WG309 has an automatic oiler that provides lubrication from the reservoir with an oil level indicator, which makes it easier to operate and maintain. The 10-in cutting bar and 10-in max cut diameter make this the perfect saw for light to medium duty trimming.
This Pole Saw is only 10 pounds in weight which makes it incredibly lightweight and compact, thus allowing you to work for an extended period of time. The low kickback bar feature of the saw and chain provides additional safety.
Overall, the pole will always perform flawlessly. The saw is extremely easy to assemble. People highly recommend this pole for its efficiency to cut through branches without giving much energy.
How to Choose the Best Battery Operated Pole Saw?
As we all now know that all pole saws are not made for the same job, neither they are all equal. Besides knowing their types, it is equally important to know a few more factors to get the best battery pole saw for your next trimming project:
The pole of the pole saw comes in various length and mostly they are made of steel or fiberglass. Choosing the right length of the pole is very important. Sometimes the usage of the long pole is difficult and the price is also high.
We recommend, pole length to be between 7 and 15 feet, which is good enough to perform this job more than efficiently. Besides single length pole, there are extending pole available on the market. These adjustable poles are easy to store and works well on trees of varying heights.
The bar is the steel plate area where the chain travels around. It is measured mostly in inches and refers to the length of the bar. The longer the bar, the more cutting ability your pole saw will have.
Choose a bar length that is greater than the thickness of the branch that you target to cut. We recommend bar length to be between 6 and 12 inches depending on your requirement.
We highly recommend choosing a pole that saw the least weight but also without compromising their key features or engine powers.
All most all the top pole saw brands offer full or limited time warranties on their product. Since repairing a pole saw can cost as much as buying a new one, it is advisable to go with a model that has the longer warranty.
The cutting power of the pole saw mainly depends on the saw’s motor power and efficiency. Strong cutting power poles ensure that the blades cut through the words smoothly and jerk-less.
Your regular maintenance can help your pole saw to stay fit and perform efficiently just like the way it did on the first day. Don’t forget to clean your equipment with a damp cloth after each use. Also, keep your pole saw in a well-ventilated dry place between uses.
Why use a pole saw?
- The pole of the pole saws is usually between 8 to 14 feet, which allows them to reach a maximum of 20 feet.
- These saws are perfect to cut the unwanted thick tree branches up to 12 inches in diameter in general.
- The thick branches cannot prune with pruning saws, shears or pruning loppers.
- With a pole saw you can reach to remove those branches that normally require a ladder, which saves your time and you finish your pruning task with less effort.
- You trimming becomes far easier with a pole saw and particularly with a powered pole saw.
- The pole saws are not only good at cutting the high branches, but they also give you much better control and precision in cutting.
- Pole saws are light in weight and their balanced weight plays an incredible role in cutting the branches with much ease.
- Not all pole saw performs the same way, some of them excel in one area and some of them in another.
- They are eco-friendly and fuel-efficient, as they are operated by small engines.
What are the different types of pole saw?
Like every other home and garden products, there are varieties of pole saw available in the market. Pole saws have become increasingly popular in a wide range of people including homeowners, gardeners, landscapers, arborists and people like you.
If you have a need to cut or trim any tree, you probably need a Pole Saw Advisor. Currently, there are four types of pole saw available on the market, let’s have a look at them.
Manual Pole Saws: This is the very basic form of a pole saw with an attached blade that can be extended to cut tree limbs. Very few homeowners and landscapers still use this old-fashioned manual pole saw.
The manual pole is not as popular as other types of pole saw as it takes much time and effort to complete the cutting task. If you want a pole saw at an affordable range you can try buying a manual pole saw as they are still a great choice for minor trimming.
Electric Pole Saws: Corded electric pole saws are ideal for homeowners with small to medium-sized yards. They are extremely easy to use and light in weight. They are ideal for cutting branches that are tough or too thick.
Electric pole saws are more powerful than cordless pole saw and make less sound than gas pole saws. The only disadvantage with the electric pole saw is, due to their cord you only have a limited operating distance. And also they are not as powerful as a gas-powered pole saw.
Cordless Pole Saws: They are the most convenient pole saw and getting better each day. One can operate cordless pole saw almost from anywhere.
They are usually equipped with a lithium-ion battery which is normally sufficient for small jobs around the house. If you are planning larger trimming jobs with a cordless pole saw, it would be wiser to keep some extra battery packs with you.
Gas-powered pole saw: From all the kinds of pole saw available in the market, gas-powered pole saws are the most powerful and efficient one. They are designed to heavy-duty powerful trimming tasks and can cut through thicker branches.
Gas-powered pole saws can operate for hours and mainly preferred by professional landscapers. The downside of this pole saws is that they are heavier and louder. The price of this pole saw is a little higher than electric models. If you have a large property that needs regular maintenance, you probably need a gas-powered pole saw.
We have reviewed several products from the various brand to empower you with details and facts about buying the best battery operated pole saw to help you make the right decision. Also, keep that in mind that your personal needs determine the right pole saw for you.
Make sure your pole saw has enough power to cut the size of wood you need to cut. Make sure the one you choose has great safety features and not too heavy. No matter which one you buy, the first thing you must do before you start using it is to read the manual guide thoroughly.
Assemble the pole saw (if needed) correctly, put on your safety gear, make sure your safety equipment is working properly. Make sure the chain correctly tensioned. Educate yourself on the proper steps to take before you start. Thank you for taking the time to read this best pole saw reviews and buyer’s guide.
Related Buyer’s guides: