When it comes to cut some heavy big logs of wood. It might seem very tough work to do and so for that chainsaws are one of the best options that you could use to cut those monster’s logs of wood.
Chainsaws are perfect for a wide range of outdoor maintenance tasks. Refer to this list of the best chainsaws under 300 to find the most suitable ones.
That’s an amazing tool that comes in different shapes and sizes. Chainsaws come in different power-up categories: corded, cordless, electric to hefty gas model for some heavy work.
Table of Contents
- In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top 3 Picks:
- Top 5 Best Chainsaws Under 300 Dollars of 2021 – Reviews
- How to Choose a Chainsaws?
In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top 3 Picks:
Top 5 Best Chainsaws Under 300 Dollars of 2021 – Reviews
I’ve picked five chainsaws under 300 dollars from my experience. With the in-depth analysis, you’ll get to choose the compatible one for your need.
#1. DEWALT DCCS620B – Best Overall
- Cordless chainsaw comes with low kick back 12-inch bar and chain for construction and outdoor cutting applications
- Compact, lightweight design (just 9 lbs. with battery) of the battery chainsaw for maximum user control
- High-efficiency brushless motor of the battery powered chainsaw maximizes runtime and motor life
So if you are one of those people and you are a woodworker, then I would recommend you to buy the DeWalt flex volt brushless chainsaw, a powerful and easy-to-use Chainsaw that will make your work much easier.
The DeWalt chainsaw comes in tow kits. X1 kit that comes with a 9 a battery power. T1 kit that comes with a 6A battery power. The only difference in both of the kits has the empires of the battery, but the tool in both kits are the same.
The battery contains three sets of cells five cells in each set that make it more long-lasting to use. The kit comes with a 115 DCB charger.
Another thing you need to know is that the kit doesn’t contain the battery in it. You have to buy a separate battery along with that kid. DeWalt chainsaw has a 16-inch cutting bar with a strong metallic chain for easy cutting.
You can tide a lost chain with a trigger on the right of the machine. A problem, which you have to face to run the machine properly as their proper oiling of the machine, but the DeWalt has reduced this problem throughout the whole oiling function.
Just put a cap of oil in the container of the machine and you’re done. The rest of the oiling will be performed by the Machine by itself.
The machine is made with a yellow-colored plastic with a black plastic handle on the front and a rubber grip on the back on the front side it has wide protection. The plastic web is not just a protective shield, but also alive of a Chain break.
- It is powerful and easy-to-use.
- No tangling between the cords.
- Auto oiling.
- The 12-inch cutting bar can easily cut 16 inches long.
- It comes with a chain brake.
- Easy to maintenance.
- Easy-to-open for cleaning purposes.
- Need regular charge.
#2. Husqvarna 952802154
- This item is no longer available from the manufacturer
- NEW ITEM: 967861936 - ASIN: B07JJML8PQ
- X-torque - delivers lower fuel consumption and reduced exhaust emission levels in accordance with the worlds most stringent environmental regulations
Husqvarna model 240 is an easy-to-use lightweight chainsaw, which makes it easy to use and has the versatility to move it in various directions, and can cut heavy logs of wood with its 16-inch cutting bar.
It is made of orange plastic which is quite attractive and durable. The chainsaw comes with a combined cock stop function that makes it easy to start the engine without flooding.
The power source for these chainsaws gas the combustion in the engine take space using the gas and the problem of recharging gets vanished.
The gas power also makes it very powerful and reliable as such a tough working environment. The extra work technology delivers low fuel consumption that makes your machine a money saver option for you.
Clearing for maintenance can be time-consuming and effortful work to do but Husqvarna has just resolved this problem through air injection technology. The machine gets clean using the centrifugal force produced by the air.
The air goes through the machine so forcefully that when it gets out of the machine, it takes all the small and even large chunks of wood out of the machine.
The air purge system in the machine cleans the carburetor and fuel system for easy starting. Another amazing function in this chainsaw is Lowvib technology. Most things that make you feel tired after using a machine like this as its vibration.
It makes your joints feel tired after a long use so to avoid this problem Husqvarna has given the function of Lowvib in the machine. This reduces the vibration of the machine that makes it more comfortable and long-lasting to use.
- Low fuel consumption through x-torq technology.
- Air injection system for self-cleaning.
- Includes a chain brake for safe work.
- Combines choked stop control.
- LowVib system allows low vibration for easy work.
- Air purges system for an easy start.
- Not suitable for the heavy cutting task.
#3. WORX WG305
- [EASY CHAIN TENSION] The patented, tool-free auto-tension chain system prevents over-tightening for extremely efficient cuts and a long chain life
- [POWERFUL 8-AMP MOTOR] It spins the chain at 28 ft/s, and thanks to other innovations like the lubrication and tension systems, it’ll run at peak performance throughout its lifetime
- [EASY PRIME OIL PUMP] You’ll always have a well-lubricated chain, and with the oil-level window you’ll always know when it’s time for a refill
One of the most reliable chainsaws that you can get for under $300. It is a lightweight but powerful Chainsaw. The 15-ampere motor output makes it more efficient and powerful for tough working conditions.
And another amazing thing about this chainsaw is that it comes with an 18-inch cutting bar that makes it versatile for heavy cutting jobs. This chainsaw comes with an auto lubrication system.
It has a container with an oil capacity of 200 ML and a small window to check the oil level. this chainsaw operates on Direct electricity. No tension of exchanging or refilling the fuel. Just plug it in and start working.
This thing makes it much more long-lasting than any other Chainsaw. The auto-tension function allows the machine to adjust the chain tension automatically and prevents the chain from breaking.
Not just that but you can also adjust the tension of the chain by revolving a roller on the right side of the machine. The rubber grapes rear and front handle allow you to take full control of the machine.
- The machine is very light in weight.
- No tension of recharging and refilling direct electricity makes it more long-lasting.
- It only uses 120 volts of electricity.
- It is so much cheap that anyone can afford it easily.
- It comes fully assembled right out of the box and includes a three-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- It comes with a low kickback bar and built-in chain brake for Next Level safety.
- The built-in Auto tension system
- You have to take a direct electric supply or a generator to operate it.
#4. BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX
- Tool free blade tension system for improved ease of use & quick adjustments
- Lightweight design for ease of maneuverability & reduced fatigue
- Improved oiling system with clear window to gauge oil level
If you are looking for a small lightweight but good performance chainsaw then the Black + Decker 20 volt Max is a good option for you. Black + Decker 20 volt Max comes with a 10-inch cutting bar that is small in size, but good in performance.
The benefit of its small size is that it is compatible to carry along. And because it is a cordless machine so it is more compatible to carry it with you. Black + Decker 20 volt Max comes with a Lithium-Ion 20-volt rechargeable battery.
And the amazing thing about this battery is that it can run up to five times longer. This feature makes it more suitable for those who have to work for a longer duration. Black + Decker 20 volt Max also comes with an emergency chain brake for additional safety. Auto lubrication system for easy maintenance.
A small container and a window on the outer side to get regular updates of the remaining oil level. And a fast tool-free chain tension adjustment system for versatile working conditions. A wraparound bail handle for an easy and comfortable grip.
- It is lightweight and small in size which makes it much easier to carry along.
- The 20-volt battery gives five times longer to run up time on every charge.
- Auto lubrication allows easy maintenance.
- Emergency Chain break for safe work.
- Tool-free chain Adjustment system.
- Wrap around the bail handle for an easy and comfortable grip.
- Because it is small in size, so it is not suitable for heavy working conditions.
- The small cutting bar can be an obstacle in cutting the massive diameter logs.
- Regular and proper charging is needed to make it run.
#5. Poulan Pro PR4218
- 42cc, 2-stroke engine with 18" Bar
- Ideal for medium-duty storm clean-up, cutting firewood, and felling trees
- Includes: Carry Case, Extra Chain, Built-in Scrench, 2-Stroke Oil
Poulan Pro is a famous company that manufactures various kinds of machines for cutting gardening and other purposes among them the Poulan Pro Pr4218, 18-in 42cc 2-cycle gas chainsaw.
If you want to do some heavy work then this machine is made for you. The 18-inch cutting bar enables you to cut some of the large pieces of wood along with a 42cc 2 stroke engine that delivers the power that you need.
The machine is powered by gas. So no need to recharge or get tangled in the chords. This also includes the auto lubrication feature for easy maintenance.
It doesn’t have any rotating button on its sides to adjust the chain tension, but it is given a tool for this purpose which is hidden under the bottom of the lower handle.
The machine comes with an additional chain for after use. The company has given a feature in it named oxy power.
This allows the engine to use 20% less fuel and 70% less commission that makes it environment-friendly. An advanced anti-vibration system and a super clean air filter system make it more compatible and easy to use.
- 18-inch cutting bar and a 2-stroke engine make it more powerful to use.
- Oxy power allows 20% low fuel consumption and makes it environment-friendly.
- Effortless starting system.
- The anti-vibration system makes you feel less tired.
- Auto lubrication.
- Includes emergency chain brake for safe work.
- The tool is required to adjust the chain tension.
- A bit heavy and weight.
How to Choose a Chainsaws?
Strength and Reliability
Whatever type of chainsaw you plan to buy, you will first need to check its robustness and reliability. To check sturdiness, you will simply need to familiarize yourself with the materials the chainsaw was designed with.
Usually, it is steel and strong plastic. As for reliability, make sure that the machine you are going to buy can do everything you need it to be.
For this, refer to user reviews, which usually say a lot about the capabilities of the device. Do not forget to check the warranty offered by the brand, it could be useful in the event of a breakdown.
Nowadays, there are four types of chainsaws: electric models, petrol models, battery chainsaws, and pneumatic chainsaws. It must still be recognized that pneumatic models are quite rare and not well known.
Each type of food has a specific framework of use. It is important to take this into account to make a choice adapted to your needs.
Models are therefore particularly intended for domestic use. They are models capable of cutting, pruning, delimbing, and making logs up to 45 cm in diameter.
Usually, their power is between 1000 and 2000 W. If you choose a corded electric chainsaw, you will need to have a power source nearby, which reduces your range.
Also known as cordless electric models, are made for people with limited needs. Therefore, their cutting capacity is limited to 25 cm in diameter.
Indeed, their power is between 500 and 1100 W and they have limited capacities because their autonomy is 30 minutes for the best models. So if you have small needs, a model that works with a battery might satisfy you fully.
the most powerful on the market and their cutting capacity can be high. They can do it all: cut, prune, limb, and make logs with all kinds of wood. The thermal power saws are generally between 1000 and 7000 W.
This type of chainsaw works with unleaded fuel and engine oil which, among other things, lubricates the chain. They have a fairly elaborate configuration and their maintenance is very rigorous.
Anyway and although noisy, thermal models are made for big jobs. That said, petrol chainsaws are recommended for professionals or people who are already used to working with chainsaws.
The chain is the key part of the chainsaw. This is a fairly technical point that you need to know well to make the right choice. Here are some tips to achieve this: The length of the guide bar varies from 11 to 120 cm. The correct length depends on the work you plan to do with the device.
Opt for a chain guide with a length of between 50 and 80 cm if you want to do all the jobs that a chainsaw can do. Choose a 20-40cm guide bar if all you want to do is prune, limb saplings, and chop wood to make small logs.
The type of chain is also essential, and there are 3 types: the Chisel, the semi-chisel, and the Chipper or “low kickback” The Chisel chains which are considered to be the best and highest performing are made for lumberjacks while the semi-chisel chains are made for those new to chainsaw use and those with moderate needs.
As for Chipper chains, they are used for professional chainsaws. Also called cutting speed, the chain speed is expressed in meters/second or revolutions/minute. What should be remembered above all is the fact that the higher the chain speed, the more efficient the device is.
The cutting speed is between 10 and 22 m / s and very often, it is the thermal models that benefit from the highest rotation speeds. This is obviously due to their power.
To make sure you get good quality and reliable chainsaw, don’t neglect the quality of the guide bar and the quality of the chains. It will also be necessary to make sure that the chain is easy to tighten, change, and especially to maintain.
As the chainsaw is a rather dangerous machine, it is, therefore, necessary to choose an ergonomic model. When we talk about the ergonomics of a chainsaw, we especially want to mention:
- Weight: generally between 2 and 7 kg. Consider choosing a chainsaw that is not too heavy for you. Pruning, delimbing, and all other work with a chainsaw can take quite a long time. So you better make sure that you hold on!
- The ergonomic anti-vibration handle is easy to handle. This will greatly improve the comfort of use.
- Sound power: from 90 dB you will need to use hearing protection. A noise-canceling headset will, therefore, be an excellent option. Be careful, however, to check the regulations in force in your region if you have a thermal model. Limits are set so as not to disturb the whole neighborhood.
- Balance and good grip, especially for novices!
- Ease of adjustment both at the chain level, at the engine, and safety devices level.
- Security options: which ones are there on the device and which ones do you need to purchase? Make sure that the machine of your choice has an emergency safety device.
Ergonomics are very important both for people who have already used this kind of device and for those who are just starting out. If you want to enjoy good user comfort, take some time to examine the options that are attached to it.
A chainsaw is a machine that will be used for limbing, felling, pruning, and making logs, but for it to be very practical, you will have to check its functionality. This consists of checking certain options concerning:
- The chain tensioner: models that do not require tools are the most practical.
- The start-up aid will save you time.
- The ease of triggering the brake.
- The simplicity of chain lubrication.
These options complement those related to ergonomics and it is thanks to them that we can really say that a chainsaw is practical. Here too, you should take your time to analyze the points recently mentioned and identify those that you think are really important for your use.
For a chainsaw to last over time, you will need to maintain it. However, a good chainsaw should be easy to maintain, especially if it is a thermal model. Indeed, thermal models are known to be quite complicated to maintain.
Regarding maintenance, you should, therefore, check these few points:
- Is the maintenance of the heat engine easy?
- Is the addition of oil for chain lubrication done manually or automatically?
- Sharpening the chain, how often and how should you do it?
- Adjustable chain tension, is there a practical option?
Generally, the major brands that offer chainsaws accompany their models with a user manual that details the measures to be taken to maintain them properly. Either way, always make sure that you can easily maintain the model you buy, its longevity depends on it!
As I had stated all the features of the best chainsaws under 300 Dollars. The main difference has the power supply on which they run.
You just have to analyze your need and want which kind of chainsaw will be suitable for you. Battery-powered, gas-powered, or direct electric-powered. The second thing refers to the size of the chain bar.
The size of the engine if you need to cut heavy logs, then you have to buy a powerful chainsaw like DeWalt dccs670b flex volt 60v Max brushless chainsaw. But if you are working on a lower level, then you can use Black + Decker 20 volt Max for this job.