Have you ever wondered what is the best fertilizer for pomegranate tree? A lot of growers spend a lot of money doing several different types of fertilizers. This can be expensive and confusing, especially when you don’t know what is the best one for a pomegranate tree.
For the best fertilization for your pomegranate tree, you need to take into account a number of factors. Before you select your fertilizer, look into what your needs are. Using the wrong combination of nutrients can be much more harmful than good.
Follow this advice to make the best choice when it comes to fertilizing your Pomegranate tree.
Table of Contents
- In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top 3 Picks:
- Top 5 Best Fertilizer for Pomegranate Tree 2021 – Reviews
- #1. Down to Earth Organic Fruit Tree Fertilizer Mix 6-2-4, 5lb – Best Overall
- #2. Espoma TR4 4-Pound Tree-Tone 6-3-2 Plant Food
- #3. Jobe’s Organics Tree & Shrub Fertilizer Spikes, 10 Spikes
- #4. Jobe’s Organics 9586 All Purpose Organic Fertilizer, 1 lb, Brown
- #5. Dr. Earth Natural Wonder Fruit Tree Fertilizer 4 lb
In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top 3 Picks:
Top 5 Best Fertilizer for Pomegranate Tree 2021 – Reviews
Pomegranate Tree Fertilizer should be utilized to reach the required amounts of certain nutrients like nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorous for excellent and healthy plant growth.
#1. Down to Earth Organic Fruit Tree Fertilizer Mix 6-2-4, 5lb – Best Overall
- Down to Earth Fruit Tree is a five pound box of all natural fertilizer with 6-2-4 formula and is listed by the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) for use in organic production
- Specially formulated to encourage productive home orchards full of the delicious and nutritious tree fruits now popular in many backyard gardens
- Fruit Tree fertilizer provides primary nutrients for plant growth plus added calcium for proper fruit development, so you can enjoy bountiful crops of home grown fruit
Down to Earth Organic Fruit Tree Fertilizer Mix 6-2-4 is a finely-milled, organic, all-purpose tree fertilizer designed for use on fruit trees.
It supports vigorous growth and superior flavor in addition to improving the appearance of your fruit trees. It contains ash, bone meal, complete essential nutrients (including P and K), superphosphate, formulate, and chelated nitrogen.
This nutrient-dense combination provides maximum support for vigorous growth while helping to produce disease-free, bigger fruit with superior flavor.
#2. Espoma TR4 4-Pound Tree-Tone 6-3-2 Plant Food
- Espoma Tree-tone Plant Food is the perfect fertilizer for shade, fruit & ornamental trees
- Feeding with Tree-tone helps nurture the development of the entire tree
- Tree-tone is made with 100% natural and organic ingredients with no fillers or sludges
Espoma TR4 4-Pound Tree-Tone 6-3-2 Plant Food provides balanced feeding for all types of plants, including indoor and outdoor ornamentals.
This non-burning formula combines the unique blend of vitamins, nitrogen, magnesium, and calcium from rock phosphate with a neutral pH to create a powerful product that is safe for human consumption without damage to the microbes in our gut.
Espoma’s TR4 4-Pound Tree-Tone 6-3-2 Plant Food is an ideal choice for all types of plants and trees. This product combines superior soil food value with precise formulation to maximize growth.
#3. Jobe’s Organics Tree & Shrub Fertilizer Spikes, 10 Spikes
- Pre-measured to provide trees and shrubs nourishment at their roots
- Organic fertilizer spikes; Time release
- Jobe’s Organics Tree Fertilizer Spikes will help your trees and shrubs thrive
Jobe’s Organics Tree & Shrub Fertilizer Spikes, 10 spikes is a professional-grade fertilizer that can be used on most plants, shrubs, and trees. It is an all-natural product with organic elements that contain nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium.
It will help give your plant the nutrients it needs to grow and thrive. This product can be used indoors or outdoors and works great on tropical plants such as palm trees and ficus trees.
Jobe’s Organics Tree & Shrub Fertilizer Spikes are a water-soluble granular fertilizer specifically designed for use in trees and shrubs. This formula is intended to be used on all species of trees, hardwoods, and softwood varieties.
The spikes come with 10 individual 1/4 pound bags packaged in a convenient 4-ounce container. Each bag contains 3 ounces of complete balanced formula with the highest available nitrogen content and perfect pH levels to ensure maximum growth results.
#4. Jobe’s Organics 9586 All Purpose Organic Fertilizer, 1 lb, Brown
- Provides your fruit & nut bearing plants the nutrients they need to bear abundant fruit. Fertilizer Analysis: 3-3-3
- Biome is a unique & Proprietary blend of beneficial microorganisms that improve long term soil quality by adding beneficial microbes that naturally re-establish a balance between plant & soil.
- Can be used for organic gardening & contains no harmful chemicals that could harm plants, People, or pets. Apply every 3-4 Months as needed.
Jobe’s Organics 9586 All Purpose Organic Fertilizer is a liquid organic fertilizer specifically formulated to create lush, healthy plant growth.
This rich fertilizer formula promotes fast and long-lasting results for all types of plants, even when applied to green and immature plants.
Jobe’s Organics 9586 All Purpose Organic Fertilizer is ideal for gardens, flower beds, lawns, trees, and shrubs. We are proud to carry an organic product line that helps you grow beautiful plants free from chemical fertilizers.
Jobe’s Organics All-Purpose Organic Fertilizer is a complete, general-purpose fertilizer. This liquid organic fertilizer will not burn plants when applied correctly and contains all of the nutrients for immediate use that your plant needs to thrive!
Jobe’s Organics All-Purpose Organic Fertilizer is formulated with 100% Certified Organic ingredients and has a neutral smell.
#5. Dr. Earth Natural Wonder Fruit Tree Fertilizer 4 lb
- NPK 5-5-2
- People & Pet Safe - Non-GMO Project Verified - Certified Organic
- 4 pound bag feeds 60 square feet or 16 five-gallon containers
The Dr. Earth Natural Wonder Fruit Tree Fertilizer 4 lb is the perfect choice for adding nutrients to your garden.
This organic fertilizer contains fish and bone meal, blood meal, rock phosphate, and superphosphate that are derived from natural sources. It also contains micronized bone meal, which means more nutrients are readily available to plants than with standard ground bone.
A trace element blend of zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, manganese sulfate, and iron sulfate helps protect plants from harmful plant nutrient deficiencies such as iron chlorosis.
Dr. Earth’s Natural Wonder fruit tree fertilizer is designed to promote the strong healthy growth of your favorite fruit trees and shrubs.
Dr. Earth’s organic products are made in the USA and contain no harmful chemicals or pesticides, so you can rest assured knowing your family will enjoy them every growing season for many years to come.
#Q1 When to fertilize a Pomegranate tree?
Pomegranate trees need to be fertilized in the early spring. Early spring is the time when there is enough moisture in the soil to help germinate new shoots.
Pomegranates grow best in arid regions and are not suited for moist climates. They need a lot of water and they are not hardy plants, so they cannot tolerate frosty conditions.
#Q2 Do Pomegranates need fertilizer?
For the past 50 years, the main fertilizer used in Pomegranate farming has been a combination of nitrogen and phosphorus. But a new study has found that, in some cases, it might be better to simply use phosphorus-based fertilizers instead of the traditional mixture.
The study suggests that Pomegranate farms should switch to using just phosphorus as fertilizer for trees with high water needs or when soil testing reveals insufficient levels of phosphorus. The amount of nitrogen or phosphate was not found to have a significant effect on the fruit quantity produced.
#Q3 What to feed Pomegranate trees?
Pomegranates grow in the desert and are considered a “thirsty” fruit. So for best results, you should plant them in the ground, rather than in pots. They need full sun to grow and they tolerate drought conditions well.
They need a soil pH level of between 5.8-6.5 to thrive and do best with at least 10 hours of sunlight per day. Growing pomegranates is not difficult but there are several things you should be aware of before planting them.