Each gardener dreams of a perfectly trimmed lawn and even hedges, a fairy tale garden’s trademarks. This is not hard to accomplish with reliable garden pruning shears.
This is why the purpose of this best garden shears is to assist you to discover the mysteries of having one. You can read our brief purchase manual at the end of these garden shears reviews.
Let’s look at some of the market’s excellent and common shears. The products below are all hard and sharp, but they have distinct designs and building characteristics that suggest them for various reasons.
Our Top 3 Picks of Best Garden Shears
Garden Shears Reviews
1. Corona BP 4214D FlexDIAL ComfortGEL Bypass Pruner
- Adjustable grip fits to hand size and reduces fatigue during repetitive cuts
- The FlexDIAL 8-position anodized dial adjusts to fit the way you work; Select 1 for smaller hands or faster cuts and up to 8 for larger hands or more powerful cuts
- To find your custom fit, spin the FlexDIAL until your hand is most comfortable and then note the number on the dial between the white lines on the back of the tool
- The handles have a full steel core versus other tools and ComfortGEL grips for superior comfort and less hand fatigue
These hand pruners are ultra-flexible to accommodate hands of all sizes if your entire family wishes to get into the gardening game. It is possible to adjust the anodized FlexDIAL to one of eight distinct positions.
Number one is for tiny hands and fast employment, whereas eight is for bigger hands and more severe employment. There are also plenty of roles in between.
Simply spin the wheel until the fit feels better to discover the perfect fit for your side, then notice where the dial lands and adjust accordingly.
The handles are produced of ComfortGEL and the blades are sharp and covered with an easy pruning non-stick material. Overall, gardeners are saying that these pruners are clever, durable and comfortable.
2. Razor Sharp Bypass Pruning Shears
- BYPASS GARDENING PRUNERS/SHEARS FOR QUALITY CARE FOR YOUR GARDEN - Make sure the time and effort you spend in your garden doesn’t go to waste by using only the highest quality tools available. The Alpha Six trimmers are the best on the market, backed by our premium customer service, lifetime warranty, and tested by professional gardeners to ensure quality and effectiveness.
- HARD & SHARP NON-STICK STEEL BLADE - Enjoy fast, clean cuts with razor sharp high-carbon Japanese SK-5 steel - the hardest steel on the market designated specially for cutting tools. Our blade is coated with non-stick Teflon, which prevents the blade gumming with sap or debris and is rust-resistant. Your purchase also includes an EXTRA BLADE for convenience - and additional surprise bonuses you can access online!
- LIFETIME WARRANTY INCLUDED - We are so confident you’ll LOVE your new shears that a lifetime warranty is included in your purchase, along with our trademark customer support. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with your purchase, simply contact us and we will make it right.
- LONG LASTING, DURABLE & RELIABLE GARDEN PRUNER - The blade of these cutters - coated with PFTE - is rust and corrosion-resistant and our handle has an anodized finish to guarantee durability and reliability for indoor and outdoor storage. These pruning scissors will quickly become one of your favorite tools – lasting through every season and always there when you need them.
- ERGONOMIC RUBBER GRIP - This pair of premium garden cutting shears feature a forged aluminum handle that has been ergonomically designed to fit comfortably in your hand. The handle is coated with non-slip rubber grips for added comfort and an easy-to-operate thumb lock.
Sharp is the game’s name for this couple of bypass pruning shears ideal for flowers and other tiny pruning requires. With a tough, sharp blade produced from Japanese high-carbon SK-5 steel (the hardest steel on the market), razor-sharp cutting is a breeze.
The blade is also covered with Teflon so it won’t rust, and it won’t stick to sap and other debris. It also comes with an additional blade, so it can be substituted as required.
The aluminum handle is ergonomically constructed and non-slip rubber-coated, making it convenient to use while providing energy and durability. The manufacturer is so confident that you are going to be a fan of these pruners that they are offering a lifetime guarantee.
3. Felco F-6 Classic Pruner for Smaller Hands
- ULTRA DURABLE - The premium pruning clippers are constructed of forged aluminum handles and hardened steel blades. All pruner components can be replaced in this dependable model.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN - The garden scissors have a revolving handle for extra comfort, and they are suitable for every type of pruning with ergonomically designed cushioned-shock absorber softens the cutting impact. The pruner features a rotating handle for increased comfort.
- PRECISE PRUNING - This bypass pruner offers a large cutting capacity and well-balanced weight for optimal gardening. This high-performance pruner features a wire cutter for small wires and a sap groove to minimize the blade sticking.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE - Hardened steel blade and screw-mounted anvil blade ensure reliably clean, precise cuts. Narrow pointed anvil blade allows easy access to twiggy branches and assures a close cut to the trunk.
- FOR MEDIUM HAND - The Swiss-made plant cutter is optimal for medium-sized hands. The small branch trimmer has a 7.7-inch (195mm) length, 0.79-inch (20mm) cutter diameter, and has a 0.46 lb (210 gram) weight.
- Ideal pruner for small pruning work such as grape vines, shrubs, and young trees
- Made for smaller hands.
- Lightweight metal handles
- Blades are made of high-quality hardened steel and have a 0.8-inch cutting capacity
- Limited lifetime warranty
This couple of bypass pruners is intended particularly for you if your hands are on the lower side. They are also good for kids if you want to introduce a kid to the gardening globe. They measure 11″x 1.5″x 3.8 “so that they are flexible enough to get into tiny spaces too.
Although tiny, these pruners pack a strong punch when it comes to slicing through grapevines, shrubs and the branches of young trees with ease.
The blade is produced of hardened steel (read: sharp) and it has a cutting ability of 0.8 inches. It also comes with a “sap groove,” which when dealing with chaotic trees gathers the sap and other debris.
4. Fiskars Hedge Shears
- Ideal for trimming and shaping hedges and decorative shrubs
- Winner of the Arthritis Foundation Ease-of-Use Commendation for a design that’s easy-to-use for people limited by arthritis
- Makes cutting up to three times easier than single-pivot tools
- Patented PowerGear non-circular gearing mechanism multiplies cutting force near the middle of the cut where resistance is greatest
- Lifetime warranty
- Newly redesigned as of 2012, these shears are ideal for trimming and shaping hedges and decorative shrubs
- Winner of the Arthritis Foundation Ease-of-Use Commendation for a design that's easy-to-use for people limited by arthritis
- Patented PowerGear non-circular gearing mechanism multiplies force to make cutting three times easier than single-pivot tools
- Razor-sharp, precision-ground blades cut with less resistance, and a low-friction, rust-resistant blade coating makes every cut even easier
- Tough DuraFrame handles are stronger than steel yet lightweight for easy use
If you have hedges, you’ll need a secure couple of pruners to get your hands on to maintain them looking nice. To make the work as simple, comfortable and pleasant as possible, this Fiskars couple receives high marks all around.
They can cut your job in half with an innovative blade design that promises twice the cutting energy. Bonus: While using them, the blades are also intended to sharpen themselves.
With “GripEase” pads, they are also intended to enhance your control while decreasing hand fatigue. Gardeners say they’re handling beautifully, they’re simple to use and they’re doing an excellent work cutting. They also come with a lifetime warranty if you don’t agree.
5. DCM Telescoping Cut and Hold Bypass Garden Pruner
- Extends from 6.5 to 13 ft in length to help safely cut away branches, twigs or leaves that are difficult to reach or high overhead; no need to drag out a ladder; perfect for pruning trees, thorny bushes, hedges, the scissor-action bypass blade trims branches up to 12 mm in diameter, with a detachable saw blade cutting thicker branches. Blades will stay sharp
- Holds as it cuts: after cutting the fruit branch the pruner will still hold it until released in your fruit harvesting pocket, cut pieces securely until you release, making your pruning or harvesting chores easier, The "Hold" system is made of big steel upper to support sharp cutting, and it's bigger than plastic holders that will cut maximum of 10mm branches only.
- The ergonomic spring-loaded handle will spring back to allow another cut and help reduce hand and wrist fatigue; grip on the pole gives a lot of leverage
- Extra free pole Saw Pruner blade 1 Foot length (300mm) can be attached or removed from heavy duty use.
- 6-Extensions 6.5-13 feet telescoping light weight aluminium tube with comfort grip handle.
Were there any fruit trees? Fortunately, but you also have some job to do in order to reap those delicious benefits and maintain your trees looking great. The aim of these pruners is to do just that.
They range from 6.5′ to 13′ to create it simple to trim ladder-free. While narrower branches will be cut by the scissor-action blades, there is also a detachable blade intended to cut thicker ones.
These pruners are also fitted with a fruit harvesting “hold” scheme. They are actually kept until you release them into the fruit picking pocket instead of branches just falling to the floor after they are cut.
They are also lightweight, ergonomically constructed (it weighs just 2.5 pounds), and have a comfort grip to make your job simpler and more pleasant. Now for the pies of the fruit.
How to Choose the Best Garden Shears
Things to consider before buying It’s just a few scrolls away to get your hands on the best garden shears. This brief purchase manual will allow you to find the correct shears for your purposes, detailing all the variables you need to consider before making a purchase.
Buying products made from quality materials is essential, everyone understands that. This implies an alloy blade for gardening shears, such as carbon steel, which is both sharp and durable and relatively lightweight. Equally essential is the handle material.
Strong and durable are aluminum or steel handles, but they weigh more than plastic handles. In contrast, plastic is less resistant to extended use and certainly not as comfortable.
The coating is essential for extended life, protecting the blades of your shears from rust and the normal wear and tears. Different materials are used for coating, but the best ones are chrome-plated and nickeled.
This problem relies on the purpose for which the shears are needed. Longer blades are good to trim hedges, particularly larger ones, while smaller blades may be better for operations that do not require you to reach hard-to-reach angles, such as pruning.
Bent long blades, especially if you don’t want to bend a lot, are great for edging the lawn. But there are some shears that can be used for grass cutting with smaller blades, so what’s the distinction?
Well, for extended edging, the first sort of garden shears is better, while the second is better for tweaking and perfecting hard-to-reach angles.
In the event of long-handled garden shears, handles are too short disadvantaged, while handles that are too long are a nuisance for brief individuals.
An inappropriate length of the handle leads to awkward bending or incorrect gripping of the handles, resulting in back pain associated with extended use. On the other hand, most people benefit from telescopic handles with an adjustable handle length.
But even if you don’t want long-handled garden shears, the handle length is equally essential. That’s because a handle that’s too long may require you to apply more force, posing issues to your wrists, while a too brief handle may lead you to cut your hands.
A nice grip for prolonged use makes the shears more convenient. You should, therefore, look for an ergonomic design that suits your hand’s anatomical structure. A reinforced rubber patch on the handles softens the grip a little, which helps prevent blisters from getting on your hands.
Different problems related to the type of blade joint. For instance, because it lasts longer, a screw is better than a pivot cap. But just as essential is the sort of screw that joins the two blades together.
A screw that provides enhanced safety may prove too rigid, so the shears would need to be constantly re-adjusted or oiled. On the other hand, a screw that’s too lax makes the shears lack control, which decreases the overall accuracy of your cutting.
Single-hand vs. Double-hand
Some people find single-hand shears less comfortable than double-hand shears, but you need to consider other factors when making the choice.
As such, single-hand shears are intended for precision cutting, such as pruning or trimming difficult to reach corners. On the other hand, double-hand shears are intended for prolonged periods of time and bulk work.
Before purchasing the best garden shears, the multiple factors we mentioned above must be taken into consideration because each pair of shears serves a distinct purpose. You are bound to discover the correct shears for your requirements after you have a clear image of what you need.
Related Buyer’s guides: