The first thing you need to know about the pruning shears is that they are commonly used to cut small branches with sophistication. Complicated gardening like making a Bonsai tree requires sophisticated cutting. Sharply edged prune shears are used to make these perfect Bonsai trees. Prune shears are also used in mass gardening and lawn cleaning.
There are many types of pruning shears in the market. It is hard for a newbie and even a pro to find out the best pruning shears 2019 in the market. I will guide you throughout this article and tell you all you need to know about prune shears and how to buy the best hand pruners. Just keep reading and find out the best one for you.
Best Pruning Shears 2019 – Reviewed
1. Wsiiroon Sharp Bypass Pruning Tools
- 【HIGH QUALITY TITANIUM STEEL BLADES】Wsiiroon garden clippers blade is made of rust and corrosion resistant polished Titanium steel, which is more durable than other similar traditional hand pruners, and help your garden tool stay sharp longer.
- 【COMFORTABLE & DURABLE】The handle has ergonomically designed, lightweight and comfortable, can help you ease impact and protect the hand and wrist, reduce the hand soreness caused by prolonged use. Meanwhile, as well as the blades, the body and spring of the shears is made from sturdy steel, which means our shears are both lightweight and robust.
- 【MULTIFUNCTIONAL and WIDELY USED】Wsiiroon pruning shears have classic bypass design, compact enough to use indoors on house plants, can cut up to 3/4" diameter size tree branches, best for cutting and trimming small branches, shrubbery, snipping flowers and floral plant.
- 【SAFE & CLEAN】Wsiiroon pruning shears has a safe hand lock, which can be operated conveniently in either right or left hand use. When not in use, the locking clasp will protect the blades from damage ,making them safe to store or take without injury. Special sap groove design, prevents the pruning shears from sticking by channeling off sap and saves time to keep the blades clean of debris after cut.
- 【100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE】Wsiiroon pruning shears comes with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. We specialize in the best products and service, commit to providing a 5 star experience to all customers! We welcome all feasible advises and review from customers. It is kindly warned that any products from other stores are not genuine for which we will take no responsibility if there is any quality problem.
The Pruning Shears – Wsiiroon Sharp Bypass Pruning Tools, Pruning Snip, Tree Trimmer, Premium Titanium Garden Shears, Hand Pruner, Clippers for the garden.
It has highly sharpened rust and corrosion free titanium blades that give you premium accuracy and precision in pruning. The handles are made comfortable for long time use. The total prune shear is made of durable plastic and stainless blades. The instrument is multi-functional and used widely in all types of gardening causes.
For safety measures, the pruning shear contains safety clippers and handles. The multiple purposes and precision this prune shear provides make it one of the best prune shears in the market. Just scroll down to know more about this amazing device.
Blades for Precision
This pruning shear come with extra sharpened, best quality titanium blades for perfection in pruning. The blades can cut through branches and leaves easily. They do not require additional honing or extra care. Just keep them away from wet places for best performance.
The whole prune shear is made with the best quality materials in the market. The handles of the product are covered with elastic materials to provide safety and ease. The blades are rust and corrosion free.
The blades of the pruning shear can cut thick leaves and branches in a whiz. Additional extra pressure is never needed. Cutting and trimming become accurate with a little bit of concentration with the help of this prune shear.
2. BERGER Tools BERGER Bypass #1114 Pruning Shear with Angled Cutting Head, Red
- Hardened steel blade with a wire cutting notch and light weight forged aluminum body
- Extra deep sap groove for non-sticky cuts
- Oil groove for a dismantle-free lubrication
- Additional intermediate cutting position and angled cutting head for optimal user comfort
- Engineered and produced in Germany with limited life time warranty
The BERGER Tools BERGER Bypass #1114 Pruning Shear with Angled Cutting Head, Red is a mediocre pruning device with a strong setup. The shear comes with a hardened steel build with extra sharpened blades for ease in cutting.
There is a wire cutting notch provided with the main device. The shear was made with extra deep cutting abilities to prevent leaf or branch sticking. Additional oil groove is provided for better lubrication.
Better cutting position for precision in cutting. The multitasking features of this prune shear make it one of the best prune shears in the market. Keep reading to know more about this amazing product.
Hardened and Sharpened Blades
The blades of the shear are hardened with stainless steel for a stronger response. The blades are sharpened carefully to last a long time. The blades are rust and corrosion free. They provide amazing smoothness in the cut. The cutting angle is perfect for delicate works.
This top Pruning Shear has an advanced system for lubrication. It has an extra oil groove to support the blades while lubricating. The oil flows directly towards the blades. It makes the lubricating job easier and less time-consuming.
3. Fiskars All Steel Bypass Pruning Shears
- Ideal for cutting stems and light branches. Easy-open lock protects the blade during transport and storage
- Fully hardened, precision-ground steel blade stays sharp, even through heavy use
- Low-friction coating helps blade glide through wood, prevents the blades from gumming up with sap and debris and helps the blades resist rust
- Maximum cutting capacity: 5/8 inch diamater
- Lifetime warranty
The Fiskars All Steel Bypass Pruning Shears is an excellent pruning device with comfortable handles and strong build. The blades of the shear are made of stainless steel. The blades are hardened and sharpened twice with amazing smoothness in the cut.
The handles are double coated with elastic materials to provide comfort to the hands. The precision and accuracy in cutting are just amazing. The blades offer extra smoothness in the cut.
The total device is strong enough to hold itself for a long time. This shear is definitely one of the best prune shears in the market. Read the specifications and know why it is one of the best.
This comes with extra hardened and smoothly sharpened stainless steel. The blades are made of durable materials to support them for a long period of time. The sharpness of the blades makes the shear accurate at cutting small edges.
The pruning shear comes with all the safety measures that you need. The handles are double coated with elastic materials. The elastic materials keep your hand away from sudden slipping injuries. The blades have a safety lock which works to keep it closed during resting periods.
4. Felco F-7 Gardening Hand Pruner with Rotating Handle
- This unique swivel action requires up to thirty percent less effort than conventional models and offers maximum comfort on continuous pruning
- The swiveling handle may feel strange at first, but you'll quickly come to wonder how you ever lived without it
- Both cutting and anvil blades are not riveted, so they are easy to replace and the narrow, pointed blade design allows for close pruning
- Rotating handle allows fingers to move naturally
- Swivel action requires up to thirty percent less effort than conventional models
- Offers maximum comfort on continuous pruning
- This is the top-of-line for Felco pruners
- Limited lifetime warranty
The Felco F-7 Gardening Hand Pruner with Rotating Handle is a unique piece of product with swivel enabled machinery. The swivel option is different from most of the prune shears. It may feel kind of weird at the first time of use. But once you get used to it you will never buy something else.
The shear comes with a specially designed rotating handle. It allows you to operate more easily. The blades are made of stainless steel and are rust free. The blades can be replaced very easily.
The shear provides the maximum amount of comfort while using it for a long time. With a unique design and strong build, this prune shear is obviously one of the best prune shears in the market. Go through the rest of the details to know all about this prune shear.
The best feature of this prune shear is that it is swivel enabled. The handles are laced with elastic grips to give a strong grip. The bottom handle is curved and has swivel properties for ease. You can use the device for a long time without your fingers aching. You can change the position of your fingers whenever you want to.
The handles of the shear are coated with an elastic material. It provides extra comfort to the users. The rotation enabled handle provides extra ease to the hands. With a strong grip, the shear provides maximum comfort in use.
5. ARS HP-VS8R Rotating Handle Hand Pruner, 8-Inch
- Fantastic ergonomic operation to protect against carpal tunnel syndrome
- Squeeze to open handles
- Top quality blades for the longest lasting sharpness
- Perfectly balanced
- 8" handles for normal hands (recommended for most users)
The ARS HP-VS8R Rotating Handle Hand Pruner, 8-Inch is a unique pruning device with squeeze open system. The middle part of the device contains springs to support against pressures and open the blades.
It is a reverse opening system than normal prune shears. The blades of the shear are made of stainless steel and are used for long-lasting sharpness. The additional features of this prune shear make it one of the best prune shears. Scroll down and see if it is worth you or not.
This Shear comes with a spring in the middle to allow squeeze opening. That means the blades open when you give pressure in the handles. This is a reverse system than usual prune shears. So, it needs a lot of getting used to.
The blades of the shear are made of stainless steel. The steel is the best quality you can find. The blades are rust and corrosion free and can go a long way without additional honing. No extra care is needed for the blades to work properly.
What is a Prune Shear?
A prune shear is a regular instrument in gardening jobs which allows the users to cut small branches and leaves with accuracy. Ancient Chinese gardeners used cutting tools to make perfect Bonsai trees. The prune shears we find nowadays are made with delicacy and precision to support a gardener by all means.
How to Get Using a Prune Shear?
I will guide you through the process of using a pruning shear in a perfect manner. Keep scrolling.
Step 1: Know When the Garden’s Ready
The first requirement for using a pruning shear is to know when to use it. Look in your garden if the branches are getting a little bushy or out of control. Know your needs first. Figure out what you want to do with the branches and how you want them to grow. Cutting the branches with a pruning shear can give you a stylish garden or a destroyed one. So, select what you want to do before starting to use the shear.
Step 2: Sharpen the Blades
The Pruning Shears found in the market nowadays are pre-sharpened and made of stainless steel blades. So they don’t require a lot of honing. But before using your prune you can always sharpen the blades in order to get more accuracy while cutting.
Step 3: Ensure Protection
Cutting off branches and leaves may end up in a disaster for your hands and eyes. Always wear safety goggles before using the pruning shears. Wear hand gloves in order to avoid cuts and injuries. If your hair is big then cover them up before starting the process.
Step 4: Think Before You Cut
Before just cutting off a branch or leaves think and approach with accuracy. Branches will fall off as soon as you use the pruning shears. So approach with the highest amount of caution and accuracy if you are making something sophisticated like a Bonsai tree. Just softly press the handles of the pruning shears to cut a small sized branch. Branches of bigger sizes may require more power. But approach with precision everywhere.
Step 5: Clean Your Mess
Clean up the whole place after using the shear. Clean your pruning shears and keep it in a safe place in order to keep it ready for the next use. Do not keep your pruning shear wet or it would get prone to corrosion.
Things to Consider Before Buying The Best Pruning Shears
Know What You Need
The first thing you need to keep in mind before buying a pruning shear is that you need to know what you are looking for. There is a countless number of products out there on the market but only few will fulfill your requirement. So before going to buy a pruning shear, decide which qualities you need the most.
Do some research and know if the pruning shear is comfortable or not. Comfort is very important as you have to do delicate things with the pruning shears. The handles of the shear must be coated with elastic materials. The rotating handles provide more comfort at work. You can give your fingers ease while working with the shear. The handles should not contain any poking edges or it would become impossible for you to work with.
The blades are the main working force of a pruning shear. Some shears come with a strong and stainless steel made blades. You need strong blades in order to cut deeply and accurately. The blades should be rust and corrosion free as you have to work in delicate areas. Water should not be a problem for the blades. Choose the shear with the best blades available.
The pruning shear should be safety enabled. There should be safety locks to prevent small children from using it. The locks should be smooth enough to provide ease at work. The handles should contain safety materials.
5 Safety Tips While Using The Best Prune Shears
Mind the Locks
The safety locks provided with the shear are designed to keep you safe. But they can hurt your fingers if you are not careful enough. Always unlock the locks before using the device or you will hurt your fingers.
Keep Hand In Place
Always keep your grip on the handle. Fingers sometimes tend to lose grip on the handle and slip over to the blades. Do not let this happen ever or you will cut your finger off instead of branches.
Give Limited Pressure
The blades of the shear are always designed for delicate works. You won’t need to give extra pressure to make your work done. Don’t put extra pressures if you can’t cut a branch. Try different angles.
Don’t Pull or Push
While cutting an edge or small branches do not ever push or pull the branch or the whole tree would get destroyed. This tip is especially for delicate trees like Bonsai trees. They need sophisticated cuts only. No pushing or pulling!
Don’t Get Obsessed
Cutting things off seems very exciting and interesting. Once you start cutting it may seem that cutting off extra branches would make the tree more beautiful. But do not do that. Remember, the blades are extra sharp. But according to your previous plan and take time for improvisations.
Prune shears are a common device nowadays as gardening is becoming more and more popular. You would need to find the best pruning shears 2019 for yourself in order to work properly and with ease. Throughout this article, I have discussed all the important factors about the pruning shears and how to use them properly. Just follow my instructions and choose the best one that matches with your daily chores. Happy shopping!
You May Also Read: Best Electric Chipper Shredder Reviews