Rakes are essential when it comes to cleaning up leaves, but which one is the best rake? Which one is right for your yard? You might not answer these questions and get confused. I’m here to help you! If you are looking for a good rake, then follow this article.
Everyone knows that autumn is the time to rake the leaves in your backyard. But what rakes are really the best for this task? It’s a question I hear a lot, so I decided to do a little research and come up with this list of the best rake for wet leaves. These will last you many years so read on if you want to find out more.
Table of Contents
- In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top 3 Picks:
- Top 10 Best Rake for Wet Leaves 2021 – Reviews
- #1. Gardenite 63 Inch Adjustable Garden Leaf Rake – Best Overall
- #2. RazorBack Fiberglass Handle Steel Rake
- #3. Bamboo Rake
- #4. Flexrake 1F Flex-Steel Lawn Rake
- #5. Professional EZ Travel Folding Garden Rake
- #6. Corona RK 62061 Fixed Tine Leaf Rake
- #7. Amazing Rake 3-IN-1 Yellow Ergonomi
- #8. Truper 30450 Tru Built 48-Inch Steel Leaf Rake
- #9 Fiskars Poly Leaf Rake
- #10 ReLeaf Scoop Large Hand Held Rakes
- How to Choose a Rake for Wet Leaves?
In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top 3 Picks:
Top 10 Best Rake for Wet Leaves 2021 – Reviews
I’ve picked five Rake for Wet Leaves from my experience. With the in-depth analysis, you’ll get to choose the compatible one for your need.
#1. Gardenite 63 Inch Adjustable Garden Leaf Rake – Best Overall
- ✅ 63 Inches Long. Similar rakes on Amazon are only 48 inches long. The adjustable head expands From 7 Inches to 22 Inches
- ✅ 15 Flat Tine Expandable Head. Adjust the rake width to a tiny 7 inchs for tight areas. This rake is designed to go in smaller areas that are difficult for conventional rakes. Expands to a full 22 inches.
- ✅ 3/4 Inch Zinc Plated Steel Handle that is zinc coated to prevent rust.
The 63 inches long leaf rake with an adjustable head expands from 7 inches to 22 inches. This garden rake is designed to go into smaller areas that are difficult for conventional rakes. 3/4 inch zinc plated steel handle that is zinc coated to prevent rust.
Very lightweight and easy to use, the rake is an ideal leaf rake. Note that it is not designed to be a heavy-duty rake for rocks and heavy materials. It can reduce the rake head when storing. It needs much less space than a conventional rake.
#2. RazorBack Fiberglass Handle Steel Rake
- One piece designed steel head tines will not pull loose
- Flexible coil spring provides smooth raking action
- 9 in. cushioned grip
This Razor-Back 24-tine steel garden leaf rake is used for clearing leaves and debris from the garden. The flexible steel tines will pull out thatch for a healthier lawn and garden. The steelhead is bolted to the handle for a secure connection while raking.
Superior designed steel head tines will not pull loose flexible coil spring provides smooth raking action. It has 9 inches cushioned grip. The 54.5 inches fiberglass handle is stronger than wood.
#3. Bamboo Rake
- Tines are made of natural bamboo
- Natural bamboo tines
- Fan shaped head
The improved bamboo rake is the 2nd generation, the modern version of the old-time favorite lawn rakes.
An all-new head and socket of rugged poly combined with select natural bamboo teeth lighten strengthens and generally improves the bamboo rake.
It features a unique, fan-shaped poly head and socket that firmly grip the resilient bamboo teeth. 48″ wood handle, 24 tines, 24″ head width, weight is 1.6 pounds.
#4. Flexrake 1F Flex-Steel Lawn Rake
- Flex rake Flex-Steel Lawn Rake Head (Head Only) Display 19in To create the healthiest environment for your lawn, your grass and soil need to breathe and receive water
- Regular lawn raking will remove thatch and grass clippings that deprive your soil of oxygen and water
- This is a 19 inch American steel rake replacement head
The Flex rake Flex-Steel Lawn Rake Head (Head Only) has a wide 19-inch to create the healthiest environment for your lawn, your grass and soil need to breathe and receive water.
Regular lawn raking will remove grass clippings that deprive your soil of oxygen and water. This is a 19-inch American steel rake replacement head that has 25 inch extra wide curved tines.
#5. Professional EZ Travel Folding Garden Rake
- EXPANDS AND ADJUSTS - Garden maintenance is a breeze with the Professional EZ Travel Telescopic all-purpose rake! Perfect for clearing leaves or debris, this rake is also perfect for tight spaces. Easily adjust the fan head and telescoping handle to find the perfect fit for any yard project.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL - Great for working under hedges and in flower beds, the versatility of this rake is unmatched. The smaller head allows you to rake in between perennials without damaging the plants. It is ideal for raking through window wells, under hard to reach spaces, and in the middle of dense flower patches.
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE - Yard work might not be everyone’s idea of fun, but you don’t have to be uncomfortable while you rake. The Professional EZ Travel Collection telescopic rake is comfortable and durable thanks to our easy-grip, rubberized handle.
This professional EZ travel collection telescopic folding rake is one of the best adjustable rakes on the market. This is an all-purpose rake that adjusts in two ways.
It telescopes from 37 inches to 68 inches for all your raking needs. Also, the tough steel tines adjust from 7.5 inches to 21.75 inches wide.
Great for working under hedges and in flower beds. It’s the versatility of this rake that makes it such a find. The fan head adjusts with easy movement and the handle telescopes quickly easily.
It also is ideal for raking out debris from window wells. The garden rake is made from an aluminum alloy so it is both strong and lightweight when there are a lot of heavy leaves to lift up.
The adjustable fan can folds to a tighter profile so that it is less apt to be damaged while being stored between raking jobs.
#6. Corona RK 62061 Fixed Tine Leaf Rake
- Fixed tine shrub and leaf rake with 25 extra-wide tines; applies light pressure without damaging plant feeder roots
- Bi-curved bow design gives even pressure to all tines for maximum raking efficiency
- Rake head made from tempered spring steel for greater durability
Corona has some history of the brand, going back to 1920. For more than 90 years they have been making garden tools, which makes them veterans in the field of gardening.
It features 25 wide tines that can cause some discomfort when attempting to rake smaller leaves. The handle is made of lightweight aluminum, which is reinforced with an anti-slip vinyl coating to ensure proper use under all weather.
The tines are very stiff, so moving around dirt and tiny rocks should be easier for you. The handle is small in diameter, making maneuvering easy even if you don’t want to work with large garden tools.
Fortunately, replacement parts are available when you want a new aluminum handle, a new head or when you want to switch from the aluminum handle to a wooden handle.
#7. Amazing Rake 3-IN-1 Yellow Ergonomi
- ELIMINATE BENDING, STOOPING, OR TOUCHING DEBRIS: No more bending over with an old fashioned leaf scoop. Our 60 inch telescopic handle can rake, scoop, pickup leaves, pine needles, trimmings, wet items and yard debris with the Amazing Rake 3 in 1 back saving yard tool.
- CUTS YARD CLEANUP TIME IN HALF: Amazing Rake picks up large amounts of leaves, lawn clippings, pine needles, fallen fruit, and more with ultimate ease and comfort. Scoop, grab and dump without the need to bend over, no more back strains.
- HEAVY DUTY DURABILITY: Made of rust-resistant copolymer Polypropylene materials. Amazing Rake will stand up to all your yard work for years to come and works as a wet and dry leaf rake.
The Amazing rake certainly stands out if you’re looking for something a little bit more top-notch, both in terms of design and functionality.
This rake makes it easier for you to collect leaves, as well as acorns, berries, and more because of its claw-like design.
It basically acts as a pick-up tool and it may take you a while to get used to working with this one if you’re used to a traditional rake.
What the special design actually does is make it easier for you to pick up and throw away the leaves of the rakes, without having to bend over a million times.
As a result, performing this tedious chore is easier on your back. This is essentially an a3-in-1 raking machine, as the product name suggests: you use to rake leaves, scoop debris and pick it up to throw it away.
The rake is made of polypropylene copolymer which provides durability without weight-wise exhausting too much.
#8. Truper 30450 Tru Built 48-Inch Steel Leaf Rake
- EMX-18, 48-inch premium grade waxed hardwood handle for strength and economy
- 19-Inch head with 18 flexible steel tines
- Matt-black painted head
When we first turned our eyes on the Truper 30456 leaf rake, two things caught our attention. The first was the rake’s super lightweight.
The 1.5 livers are going to make lifting and handling quick, no matter how small/short you are. It’s always a pleasure to be working with lighter gardening tools, especially when you’re doing something that’s so boring like raking leaves.
The next thing that caught our attention was the variety of options in length you have when you purchase the 30456.
You can opt for the 48-inch standard rake, but you can upgrade to the 54-or 56-inch models too. The rake’s head is made of 22 wide poly tines, under a garden hose spray, easy to clean.
Actually, the rake is a combination of a plastic head and a wooden handle, both of which give you the typical experience of raking that most people are used to.
#9 Fiskars Poly Leaf Rake
One of the best products we’ve seen so far is the Fiskars leaf rake. Around 1.5 lbs., pretty much anyone can lift and handle it with ease.
The head measures 24 inches and features curved tines which make collecting a generous amount of leaves on a single rake super easy.
It’s designed to avoid pressure on your back, making the raking of leaves just a little more fun. When it comes to wet leaves, it doesn’t do all that well, but it sure does the job with dry leaves.
The shaft is made of sturdy metal, which gives you a sense of toughness every time you pick it up. Even if the head is made of virgin resin, there is no doubt that it can withstand pressure from this rake.
#10 ReLeaf Scoop Large Hand Held Rakes
- ✅ LIFETIME QUALITY GUARANTEE – Hassle Free “Return & Replace".
- ✅ OVERSIZE LEAF CLAWS – The Releaf Closed Design gets the job done fast, grass or leaves wet or dry, rake with minimal fuss or spills.
- ✅ PROTECTION – A barrier from stinging nettles rosebushes and weeds.
The ReLeaf Leaf Scoops Hand Held Rakes are more of a leaf rake accessory than a full-blown leaf rake, but it is not to be ignored the functionality they offer.
These leaf rake claws make it easy to scoop up large quantities of leaves to be disposed of once they have been raked into a pile with a standard rake.
And promise to protect your hands from thorns, nettles, or other potential garden hazards you may encounter when scooping up leaves.
The dexterity these leaf rake claws provide also makes it easy to complete other garden chores.
From easy mulch spreading to hygienic and safe pet mess cleaning to help keep your garden clean. Well maintained with the minimum amount of fuss possible.
How to Choose a Rake for Wet Leaves?
In the following, we want to show you the factors by which you can compare and evaluate your calculations. This will make it easier for you to decide which rake for wet leaves is right for you or not.
The rake material should make you aware of the quality you want. Basically, there are on the one hand the cheaper rakes, which are mostly made of plastic.
On the other hand, there are more expensive, because of the high quality, rake made of aluminum or even steel.
Of course, a rake made of plastic is fully sufficient for the use of foliage rake. Nevertheless, the variants made of steel offer more stability, especially if you want to rake/dig not only foliage but maybe even earth or the like.
The weight is not very insane with the vast majority of rakes. However, there are differences. If the entire rake, so the broom or the front part as well as the handle made of plastic, this is, of course, easier than if it is made of wood or aluminum or steel.
In general, the weight difference is really often only minimal and not worth mentioning.
The working width is as important as the lawn fan. You can read from it your working radius. With a small working width, you have little desire to rake together lots of leaves, because that will probably take longer.
By contrast, it is more advantageous to have a smaller working width for smaller beds in order to be able to work precisely and properly.
With a large front part of the rake, you can do little here again. As you can see, the working width also depends on the occasion, ie what you want to use the rake in the end.
How that will ultimately affect your buying decision is hard to say. Of course, there is the right rear part for each front piece, so the matching handle in several versions often.
The downside is that you have to order twice and you do not have it all in one package. On the other hand, you may even find it cheaper to order one by one.
In most cases, as we advise you, pick the best rake for wet leaves that suit your needs. Due to its telescopic capabilities, we definitely like the EZ Travel Collection rake which allows you to collapse the product to a very small dimension.
That makes it one of the best camping companions ever, letting you clear the grass before you put up your tent. However, the Gardenite rake is definitely a good choice if you’re looking for a rake that performs well in your yard and doesn’t care that much about camping.
It comes with an expandable head, so you can easily adjust the width as needed. This helps you to reach more compact spaces, such as cramped spots between shrubs. You can expand the head of the rake from a compact 7 inches in width to a full 22 inches.