Winter is one of the seasons of the year for which you should prepare thoroughly. Keeping warm isn’t the only thing that needs to be done during these few months.
They come with additional criteria, such as clearing driveways, and if you don’t have the right snow shovel, they will leave your body aching and sore. When choosing the best snow shovels for seniors, it is critical to choose one that is easy to use, quick, and relieves back pain.
Table of Contents
- In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top 3 Picks:
- Top 5 Best Snow Shovels for Seniors 2021 – Reviews
- How to Choose a Snow Shovels for Seniors?
In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top 3 Picks:
Top 5 Best Snow Shovels for Seniors 2021 – Reviews
I’ve picked five snow shovels for seniors from my experience. With the in-depth analysis, you’ll get to choose the compatible one for your need.
#1. Snow Joe SJ-SHLV01 Shovelution Snow Shovel – Best Overall
- Questions, Text 563563 to chat directly with a Snow Joe expert
- SHOVEL: Made of a durable, impact-resistant blade
- HANDLE: The spring-assist handle acts as a fulcrum – changes mechanics of shoveling, reduces strain
This 18-inch snow shovel offers an ergonomic design that requires less bending. It’s designed to promote better posture for the user to shovel is made of a sturdy and impact-resistant blade assuring its durability and long-term use compared to ordinary snow shovels.
Snow Joe’s handle is a bit modified the spring-assist handle serves as the fulcrum after an hour or so of shoveling. You’ll feel less restrained from doing the activity. It’s also easy to use with this item lifting heavier snow piles will be easy. Thanks to the lifting leverage in the lower hand.
That way you can lift more snow and get it out of your way without compromising your upper body muscles. The lifting Leverage is also a great help to throw the snow farther.
It quickly returns to its usual form after throwing the snow just in time and is ready for the next load on top of that the aluminum shovel blade runs 18 in the wide base to get a lot of snow in one scoop.
The polypropylene blade is also shattered resistant to store this snow shovel properly by making a loop in the strap around the spring handle.
#2. The Snowcaster 30SNC Snow Shovel
- SNOWCASTER ADVANTAGE – Perfect for snow removal, barn clean-ups, and other plowing projects, this heavy-duty wheeled contractor model is 50% more efficient than traditional snow shovels. The bi-directional, angled blade is perfect for “wind rowing” snow. Our blades are constructed of heavy-duty material, providing superior wear properties.
- WHEELED AND EASY TO USE – The durable wheels of this shovel increase speed and stability. With no lifting necessary, Snowcaster shovels save you time and energy.
- HEAVY-DUTY – Snowcaster shovels are built to last. For years our products were used for snow removal for industrial and commercial applications. This snow shovel even scoops through thin layers of ice on top of snow. Constructed with high-quality materials, this durable 30-inch shovel stands up to snow, ice, and the competition.
It’s the perfect winter tool to clear your patio, driveway, pathways, and walkways during the winter with this item. You no longer need to manually shovel the snow forward but usually risk your muscles and strains them when you back.
You just need to invest force through your weight for momentum and make the work of a 10-inch wheel with this rolling power. The blade runs 30-inch which can last through many winners.
You can push up to 3 in of snow to clear the area that handles stands above 35-inch from the ground when the blade is flatly laid on the ground.
Going in any direction won’t take much of your time or energy as you can quickly and efficiently navigate to any direction you prefer. In a nutshell, using the snow dosser simply looks as if you’re just plowing or mowing the lawn.
Pushing the snow instead of scooping it and transferring it to another place saves you time and effort. For easy storage simply folded and hang it in the days of heavy or light snow you can count on this snow shovel.
#3. ErgieShovel ERG-SNSH18 Steel Shaft Impact Resistant Snow Shovel
- Added handle: allows you to scoop more with less effort while reducing strain on your back
- Large blade: 18" Blade
- Lightweight: durable design weighs only 4 lbs
The ErgieShovel ERG-SNSH18 is a heavy-duty steel shovel that comes in a combination push and scoop design. This shovel allows you to enter and exit your vehicle with less effort and increased comfort, and it also allows you to scoop more snow in less time.
The shovel’s scoop features a 1.4″ L. x 4″ W. blade which easily picks up a large amount of snow at once. In addition to the scoop blade, this shovel also features a steel shaft that measures 48″ long. The combination of the steel shaft and the push/scoop design allows the user to enter and exit a vehicle with ease.
The steel shaft provides a reliable and safe means of attaching the shovel to the vehicle, reducing the risk of slipping and losing your grip. This shovel also weighs only 4 pounds, making it extremely lightweight and easy to carry.
It’s perfect for people with a small vehicle or a small storage space. The ErgieShovel ERG-SNSH18 is sure to become a favorite in your home!
#4. SNO go Snow Shovel
- Our unique, patent-pending ergonomic T handle design promotes speed of use (reducing your clean-up time by up to 50%) and ease of use (walk behind and push with both hands so you no longer have to bend over to scoop up snow, creating less stress on your back and body). This shovel is ideal for alternating between scooping and pushing.
- Reduced Lower Back and Arm Strain – We’ve made shoveling snow easier by adding a T handle attached to a reinforced fiberglass pole, which allows you to push with full body weight and drive snow off with better leverage.
- Wide 32" scoop reduces clean up time, scoop sides hold more snow for less overflow.
The shovel will ensure that you don’t have a hard time pushing and scooping snow in your driveway halfway patio or walkway during the winter. The brand features an ergonomic T-handle design which guarantees its speed also promotes a reduction of 50% clean-up time.
The shovel is an ideal winter tool for alternating use between pushing and scooping health-wise. This item is great when it comes to your back using it. You’ll no longer need to band-push to scoop more than a handful of snow. You just need to stay behind it and it’ll do the rest.
That way it’ll lessen the possibility of back pain and your arms will feel relaxed thanks to the reinforced fiberglass pole which will allow you to push with full force and throw the snow.
Get a huge amount of snow with its 32in ample enough to finish the activity as fast as you can the back and sides of the shovel are intended to have durability and extra strength. It’s engineered with extensive wear life the Sno go works quietly and doesn’t make that scraping sound as compared to other shovels.
#5. Snow Joe SJ-SHLV02 Snow Shovel
- POLYCARBONATE BLADE: Clear, impact-resistant
- COMFORTABLE: Ergonomic D-ring handle grips,
- SPRING-ASSIST: Handle acts as a fulcrum – changes mechanics of shoveling, reduces strain
Ergonomic design features the spring assist handle and its strained reducing capability. And no longer need to bend much when shoveling and pushing snow which can cause muscle strain. It is a 3.6-pound item that is ideal for snow clearing for your driveway pathway and walkways. The snow-clearing technology lies to go through the routine quicker and smarter.
Say goodbye to back pain with the traditional manner of shoveling it pushing because the clear blade is made out of polycarbonate which is impact-resistant. It’s engineered to be translucent so you’ll be able to get a clear view of where you need to go this spring assist handle acts like the fulcrum in which drastically alternates the mechanics of shoveling.
After throwing the snow it will quickly reset to its original form making you ready for the next load. Snow Joe provides the lower hand with lifting leverage together tons of snow in one scoop with is the stools not only helpful during winter. But you can also use it to load mulch for gardening purposes. This is all-around to land a must-have for all seasons.
How to Choose a Snow Shovels for Seniors?
There have been major developments in snow shovel technology recently which have left the market with new, improved shovels for all consumer categories.
Although these upgrades are a blessing to snow shovel users, they do have the effect of making it more difficult to choose the right snow shovel.
Many forms are designed to match senior citizens by making them more user-friendly, less fatiguing, and less strenuous. However, there are still a few valuable tips you might use when picking one of those shovels.
Below are a few tips on purchasing snow shovels to help you along.
While the tool work is usually put under the same bracket as shoveling, not all of them perform the same functions. Some designs are just to push the snow and others to lift while others can do both. So, be sure if you need a shovel to move, raise, or both, before embarking on your search.
Blade And Handle Size
People have different body sizes, different heights, and different energy. Although the shovels are for seniors, a user with 7 feet would prefer a more extended handle than a user with 5 feet.
If you are medium in size, your choice of the blade may not be the same as a bodybuilder’s. Look for a shovel with a blade and handle the size that suits you.
It doesn’t feel good every winter having to get a new shovel. You will save dollars quickly by having a long-lasting shovel. Check the handle make, blade, and wear strip material and make sure it is of high quality.
Metal blades can be much larger, but they are robust compared to light plastic blades. You’ll have options for the handle such as plastic, wood, metal, fiberglass among others. Some may be susceptible to rusting, in addition.
On the other hand, fiberglass is quite strong and durable and has the added benefit of not rusting. Besides, the metal handles are unlikely to break.
This article has helped you find the best snow shovels for seniors. Not just for seniors. You can also use certain shovels if you are an adult. These shovels, in fact, are for adults too.