What’s That Tool For? 5 Important Gardening Tools and Their Uses – I own a lavish and a well-groomed garden that inspires and wafts the bountiful beauty of nature to create a truly relaxing atmosphere.
What’s my secret? Well, I can confidently tell you that it’s only with the best garden tools that you can get an exemplary and awesomely looking garden. I have reviewed five important gardening tools that have helped me to spice up my garden all year round.
What Are The Most Important Gardening Tools and How To Use Them:
An electric chainsaw can be a true gem for anyone who has trees and wants keep their garden neat and clean. It is an effective tool that runs on electric power with reduced vibration and noise. Besides, it produces no harmful emissions, and better yet, it’s very comfortable to work with.
You can use an electric chainsaw to lop branches, creating exquisite decoration on timber, model making, fell trees, harvesting wood, pruning, and bucking. And how do you choose the best electric chainsaw?
Unless you own a logging business, go for an electric chainsaw that is lightweight and compact. This will allow you to do small to medium limb trimming with a lot of ease. You should also consider the type of electric motor that will provide enough power for your trimming needs.
In addition, choose an electric chainsaw that has an automatic oiler so as to save you the trouble of manual oiling (and even better if it comes with a self-sharpening system!). Finally, settle for a tool that will start instantly, produce less noise, and that does not vibrate vigorously when in use.
- 15.0 Amp motor output delivers a more powerful cutting performance to the extended, 18-inch bar
- Patented auto-tension chain system prevents over-tightening; stays at the right tension for hundreds of uses
- Low kickback bar and built-in chain brake for added safety
- Automatic oil lubrication and built-in oil reservoir with window level indicator
- Comes fully assembled right out of the box, and includes 3-year manufacturer's warranty
The pole saw is an effective tool that is used to cut branches as well as limbs of trees that are not within easy access. This tool allows you to cut over-hanged branches without having to use a ladder that can put you in grave danger.
With a pole saw you can cut down branches while you are standing on the ground. This is the biggest advantage and the major reason to opt for a pole saw instead of a regular chainsaw and ladder. A ladder may lose balance and topple over as you try to reach out to a branch. Falling off a ladder can be bad, even fatal —especially if you’re handling a running chainsaw.
The pole saw also performs much better than compared to other important gardening tools such as manual shears that may be a real pain to use. You will be able to cut or shear branches that are near or high up while using little force.
Additionally, pole saws are environmentally friendly as they produce less noise and no contaminating emissions to the environment. When you are out to buy a pole saw, choose one that allows you to attach several types of trimmers, is self-lubricating, can extend over 10 feet high, and is light and compact.
- Ideal for cutting overhanging limbs and thin logs
- Telescoping pole extends to 8.7 ft to provide 15 ft of overhead reach. No Load Speed (rpm) 6000
- Powerful 6.5-amp motor cuts branches up to 7.5-inches thick
- 8-inch Oregon cutting bar and chain with automatic lubrication
- CSA approved; Full 2-year warranty
The cool breeze and relaxed atmosphere of autumn bring joy to our lives in infinite ways… except for those leaves that never seem to stop piling up in your garden. They can cover your entire compound, completely burying the splendor and the beauty of your garden. If you’re thinking of a rake or a broom to restore the beauty of your large garden, think again.
A leaf blower is a much better-fitted tool that will leave your garden in a perfect, leaf-free state. Why should you choose a leaf blower over a rake or a broom? If you have never used a leaf blower before, you are in for a real treat. It stands out from the crowd because it allows you to gather leaves in one place without much hustle.
You won’t spend the same energy you would with a rake or a broom. In addition, it is easy to use, allows you to reach and remove leaves that are in tight areas, and helps protect your flower beds from those harmful rake tines. Settle for a light and compact leaf blower that has an electric motor able to provide the necessary power for your particular needs. Sufficient power is a necessity to effectively blow all the leaves off your garden. Some leaf blowers can even function as garden vacuums and leaf mulchers!
- The 12 amp motor operates a 3-in-1 blower, vacuum and mulcher all in one
- 250 mph blower with 2 Speed selections
- Can grind up to 16 bags of mulch down to one
- Easy-change between vacuum and blower, Decibel : 68 dBA
- 2 Speed selections for flower beds and powerful enough for matted leaves.
If you want to keep your garden free of weeds or tall grass, then a weed eater is the best tool to keep your garden spic and span. While a manual or gas-powered lawn mower may come in handy for this job, a weed eater will safely trim the far corners and the edges of your gardens without causing damage to garden patios and beds.
It uses plastic lines to trim back and forth weeds, grass, and other unwanted undergrowth safely and with a fair amount of ease. In essence, it is an auxiliary gardening tool to be used where care and caution need to be observed while maintaining your garden.
When choosing a weed eater, settle for one that is easy to use, portable has a long cutting swath, and powerful enough to cut grass and weed without causing any damage. Most weed eaters are designed to reduce vibration and produce as little noise as possible.
- Lightweight, easy to use design, only 5.2 lbs. Please adhere to the power cord chart found in the operator manual.
- 13-inch cut path with .065 dual line auto-feed and adjustable auxiliary handle
- Electric start gets you going within seconds, no gas hassle
- Trimmer of choice for small to medium size yards. Power cord not included.
- Compatible GreenWorks Replacement Spool, Model 29082. Watch the video on detail page to help you use and set up the trimmer.
Garden tillers are exclusive and important gardening tools that are used to loosen the soil in your garden. Not just any tool can be used to perform this task; garden tillers can loosen the soil to provide that fresh and eye-catching finish, fit for growing ornamentals such as daisies or blooming roses.
There are many different types of garden tillers and you should make a careful assessment so as to get that garden tiller that will adequately meet your gardening needs. Garden tillers can either be manually powered, gas-powered or electrically powered.
You can use the garden tiller not only for loosening soil but also for weeding and removing roots of garden weeds or to add organic or artificial fertilizers to the soil, especially after weeding.
Besides, a garden tiller can be used to spread the soil evenly, used for soil aeration so that air and water can easily percolate deep into the lower soil layers, thus breaking hard and compact soil. When choosing a garden tiller you should consider the amount of power it produces, the weight, and that it has an adjustable width so as to increase the ground cover.
- Powerful 12-amp motor cultivates up to 16 in. (40.6 cm) wide x 8 in. (20.3 cm) deep
- 6 durable steel angled tines for maximum durability and performance
- Handle folds for convenient storage and easy transport
- 3-position wheel adjustment
- ETL approved; Full 2-year warranty
Garden grooming is a deeply ingrained passion of mine that has allowed me to keep my garden as splendid as possible. It gives me a lot of peace and, many times, I have come up with great ideas of how important gardening tools are that have significantly transformed my life while basking in my garden.
These tools are my secrets to keeping my garden looking great all year round. I also believe that they are a must-try for every gardener who wants to bring a fresh look into their garden. Don’t forget to share this article on social media if you found it useful!
Alex is a firewood cutting fan and a chainsaw expert. He owns a ranch in Montana where he lives with his wife and son. He is a tech cowboy who enjoys writing his blog, ElectroSawHQ.com.
You May Also Read: 17 Best Gardening Tools Ever to Make Your Gardening Task Easier